A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Problem in MMF2 Sonic Worlds engine

Hello, first of all, I seem to have an Problem nobody seemed to have before me.

I was making my first Sonic fan game level and while testing it there were 3 problems.

1. The water level was to high and the water was invisible.

I could lower the water level but the water still is invisible.

2. The Tiles I used as platforms aren't massive at all (instead of massive at the top).

3. Sonic and Tails can jump extremely high, make a Bumper sound while jumping and are in a permanent rolling mode, I'm not being able to control them, they move right at a set speed.

Maybe someone, who is knowing Sonic Worlds a lot could help me. The .mfa and the .001 files can be downloaded here:

I hope anybody could help, any help is apreciated (is it spelt that way?).
Thanks.
Edited by MrLevRocks

Oh hell no, a downloader?

Those things always fill my computer with adware.

I won't download it, but I think I know what's the problem.

You most likely deleted some important actives when you deleted the Base Level tiles, get a new fresh copy of Sonic Worlds and try to delete the tiles, if you receive a message like "If you delete X actives, the code will be deleted" or something like that then stop and check what's the active it is talking about.

In short, DON'T delete one of a kind actives. Just move them to outside the frame or something. I know because it happened to me once.

Are you using Worlds 0.5 by the way?

Edited by Jassbec

In short, DON'T delete one of a kind actives. Just move them to outside the frame or something. I know because it happened to me once.

Are you using Worlds 0.5 by the way?

Thanks, tried it, worked again.

Yes I am using Worlds 0.5, why are you asking?

Well tried it, loaded it up, started it and it told me I'd need add-ons (or so). Tried to load them, but now MMF2 seems to be failin' 'cause the add-on installer keeps telling me I'd need the "real" version of MMF2, though I already have bought it. Maybe this is a problem of Clickteams side beause they updated from MMF to CF. Maybe? Seems like I'm stuck with Worlds 0.5...

If you can't find a use for the new features in CF2.5 (which includes general performance improvements for loops which are used a lot in Worlds as well as some fundamental differences with object iteration which can have a serious benefit for programming complex objects), chances are you probably wouldn't get too far into your project before giving up any way.

That said, I notice it's remarkably difficult to find a copy of the for each object these days. I found it a little sketchy.

If you can't find a use for the new features in CF2.5 (which includes general performance improvements for loops which are used a lot in Worlds as well as some fundamental differences with object iteration which can have a serious benefit for programming complex objects), chances are you probably wouldn't get too far into your project before giving up any way.

That said, I notice it's remarkably difficult to find a copy of the for each object these days. I found it a little sketchy.

How come? It's not in a bonus pack? If so, we should mirror it somewhere.

I agree, we should. I've searched for it myself, but every time I find something that references it it just links to the Clickteam home page where clearly there should have been at one time a download for it. As far as I'm aware it isn't contained in any of the bonus packs.

I think I ended up having to get mine from another community member.

Then it should be fine. I have the extension as well.

Speaking of extensions, I'm so glad that CF2.5 introduces the manager, because it's a pain to get them otherwise, since the old FusionUpdater program isn't working anymore.

There is a wiki with a list of pretty much all of the extensions, including their presence (or not) in a BP. Via that info, we should prioritize the Worlds extensions and get 'em up.

I'll sort this out once I finish tuning up a certain something I've been working on...

As you said it, CF2.5 and SWDelta>1,2 only "optimizes" the loop-de-loops, they are already possible in MMF2 and SW0.5, so there is no actual problem in using MMF2 and SW0.5 as an engine.

Just to be clear on this, when I say 'CF2.5 optimizes loops', I'm not talking about the circular loops that Sonic goes through, I'm talking about all of the for/for each loops that Worlds executes as part of its program... which I imagine probably take the majority of the CPU time. Just making sure you know what I meant because... you said 'loop-de-loops' and yeah...

It's part of the Delta download package. o.o 

Oh is it now? Well, that makes things a little easier, but I didn't know to look for it in there.

• 2 weeks later...