A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shield Parts Animation *REWARD AVAILABLE*

InfinityAlex

SEEKING:

I want to create a new shield which involves triangles spinning around the edge of the shield at all times, but I've no idea how to do this in MMF2. Help, please?

REWARD:

Early access to the first 2 demos of the game I use it in.

Here is the shield in question;

post-136-0-46998200-1391965162_thumb.png

Edited by InfinityAlex

SEEKING:

I want to create a new shield which involves triangles spinning around the edge of the shield at all times, but I've no idea how to do this in MMF2. Help, please?

REWARD:

Early access to the first 2 demos of the game I use it in.

Here is the shield in question;

attachicon.gifWall Jump Shield.png

You need to define the problem more specifically.  Do you just want the triangles spinning, or do you want them to circumnavigate the sphere with the triangles always poking inwards or what? Feel free to use pictures with arrows indicating movement and such to get your point across.

In either event, the problem isn't exactly difficult. It's just another minor trigonometry problem for orbit and it's just using sprite rotation and knowing what your angle needs to be in order to get the inward facing.  Describe what you want a little better and I'll take a whack at it.

OK, the problem has been solved, thank you to those who helped. Early access going out to P3DR0 and PotatoBadger, also credit to Hobbers for helping out.

EDIT:

Sorry, DW, I was trying to post this even before you replied, but my internet was being stupid. Thanks anyway, though.

Edited by InfinityAlex