A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[MMF2] Menu Rotation

Kessler12

There's an attachment on the previous thread - that might help.

I've been thinking about having a set of sources for popular menu systems - might come in handy, considering that some games tend to have lackluster menu work.

Maybe I'll do something once I'm done fixing all the broken parts in the theme resources...

Lol, I remember that. I was just suggesting it, as animating is way easier than trigonometry, if you don't know trigonometry. If you don't know any trigonometry, you could always use basic algebra, and lots of trial and error to make the loop, similar to how jumping works, i guess...

This is such an easy problem to solve with trigonometry though.  It's pretty much the most basic trigonometry in existence.  All it requires is that you know what sin and cosine are.

Being the awesome bastard that I am, I have taken the 20 minutes necessary to create an example and fine tune it a little.

EDIT:  Included a more S3K style version that has the sprites closer together (forced to change drawing order) and illuminates slightly differently. Also plays the annoying sound effect.

character_wheel.zip

character_wheel_s3k.zip