A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Gijinka (2012) Apotos demo [Forgotten demo]

Well like the title says, this is or was the demo that was going to be for the SAGE at that time but i never got the time to polish it and its a mess to redo without making it from scratch, but im trying to port it to MMF2 with the modern sonic engine im doing for Sonic Recreations

This demo doesnt have the World Map either the hubs, its just the act and that's it, of course it has Apotos instead the green hill stage from the first "demo" i like to call it more like a "conceptual" demo than a demo itself, thou this demo also has its bugs here and there (who im kidding, it has almost the same kind of bugs, but some of them are busted others well i was kinda lazy)

Back at that time i was going to include Green Hill Zone act 1, 2 and then Apotos Act 1 and 2, with a short cutscene at the begining, but then things got messy and complicated and then i ended up re-thinking the whole game in a more simplistic way, no cutscenes, no world hubs, no world map or things like Sonic Unleased, back then it was a cool idea but then it got old when i saw that much of the sonic fan games at that moment was trying to do a "2D version" of SU, and mine was exactly like that except for a Humanoid sonic, so re-thinking the direction of what this thing was going to be was the best way for the game, but i hadnt time to work on it since im working on a Yume Nikki fan game and a Bishoujo novel so kinda wanted to wait till i have the right concept for it. Also Happy Mouse happend its the first full game i ever did (full pffft, its just a short game so i dunno if that could count as "full" game) dunno why back at the youtube video or the Gamejolt page of the game i didnt recived a single comment of if it is good or bad, the only feedback so far of the game was here in my Happymouse topic.

Anyway, it was lying around my HDD and i thought "why not, since i just posted one half assed demo why dont post the other one" so dont expect too much, its kinda the same thing but better looking and without the unnessesary hubs and world map, ahh for the record the world map in the first demo was custom made by me, in fact it was the only thing that was from scratch and made by me the other things were ported/copypasted,tweaked.

So Enjoy it? or not? i can't say it because some people "liked" the first demo and others dont, but what the hell at least i posted it XDDD

BTW sorry for the long wall of text and if there are some gramar errors XDD

Links:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/rXbtvB2Zce/Sonic_Gijinka_2012_Apotos_Demo.html

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9oibi2k79uy5yi/Sonic+Gijinka+2012+%5BApotos+Demo%5D.rar