A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Lost World 2/(adventure 3?)

Well i figured this isn't concept workshop material. So I'll just post it here.

Sonic Lost World 2: what worked and what didn't.

So I'll start with saying that it wasn't that it was a bad game, but it wasn't "good" either.

I liked parkour if the control was up to snuff it would have been sick! The idea of centriptal levels didn't even look good from the start in my opinion. And instant death objects and overloading the game with gimmicks was bad.

So now on to what'll be good in the next game out it were to be a Sonic lost two.

Keep the parkour it works. Make it 3D only.

As i said make it 3D only.

Give sonic his momentum back. Why have a run button? Its practically another, yet very nerfed, boost button. It just doesn't work.

Make it a 3D only sonic adventure, (hence SA3)

And lastly bring back the first adventure games, gameplay.

Sorry if im not exllaining well mobile is hard to use to type sometimes. K. So as for the concepts. Base the engine off of SA1, but add on to it ths parkour. Make knuckles and tails playable bug in levels exactly like Sonics. Since they no longer can spindash they will havs the natural skills. Glide fly climb. Now make level layouts cater to EACH character but.. in ons level. Liks sonic the hedgehog 3. Which I've been playing recently to help my level building skill. Now this may sound more like a review than a concept but using a phone makes it alittle harder.

So the game would consists of say six or so save files like almost all sonic games up until 06 I believe. And rather than have you complete the game with each character you choose from one of thd three and your adventure focuses on them the entire time and you get an ending based on who you chose akin to sonic the hedgehog three. Have sonic gain a super sonic ending if you get all the emeralds. They all go though the same levels like sa1 with paths based on their abilities. Have sonic use parkour on glass that shatters or something.

Part 2: coming soon. (Sorrry I really wanna get this idea out but its so hard with this keyboard. ) so on Wednesday ill post the rest.

Posted on mobile.

Personally I wouldn't want a Sonic Adventure game with parkour, then it wouldn't be Sonic Adventure. I like the level idea though, that would make things better. There's still hope for that 3rd unannounced Sonic title, which I hope would be:

A port of one of the adventure games to 3DS: Doesn't matter which one, I just want one on 3DS.

Sonic Adventure 3 in some way shape or form: I wouldn't mind it being on a console, but I don't think it would happen. I'm HOPING that it would be on 3DS, and if it were to happen, I think it would be on 3DS for 2 reasons:

1: Sega likes to experiment more on handheld consoles: That's pretty much why we have generations. Sonic Rush spawned the gameplay idea for Unleashed which set the stage for Colors, etc.

2: We haven't gotten an exclusive sonic title for Nintendo's handheld yet: Ever since the gameboy advance, we have gotten a Sonic title exclusive to Nintendo's handheld console relatively early in the consoles lifespan. The 3DS has been around for almost around 2 2/3 years, and we got advance when the Gameboy advance wasn't even a year old yet.

I honestly think the unannounced sonic title is a handheld title for those reasons. If it's not SA3, I hope its a full fledged 3D title with the boost mechanic, just so we can have one more game with it.