A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[MMF2 - Worlds Delta 1.2] Where's the transformation code?

InfinityAlex

Basically, I want to use the "Super Sonic!" clip from Sonic Colours for when Sonic transforms, but I can't find the code for him actually transforming, so I don't know where to put the code for the clip. I've tried doing:

Sonic animation (transformation) playing

Play EN_SuperSonic

But the clip sounds horrible and keeps playing; I only want it to play once. Halp, please.

To limit reproduction to one time, you either use the "play sample once" action, or the "Only one action while event loops" limiter.

Search around for the actual transform code, there has to be an event group concerning that.

What do you mean when you say it sounds horrible? If it sounds strange, couldn't it be your source sound file having low quality or something?

I checked the file, it's quality is fine. The only code related to transformation is the physics changes found in the character attributes section and there doesn't appear to be a group, which seems strange to me. In the .mfa, the file sounds really...glassy, and it plays 3 times. Er, how do I find the play sample once function?

Play sample once is technically inside the sound object actions. Just use play sample x times and insert 1 as the value.

However, if the animation resets it will play another time, so use the only one action when event loops limiter (conditions, special object)

You should check how the act music and invincibility music are played, and work from there. This way, you avoid any sound conflicts later on. (I think drowning music is also featured in Worlds, so check that out as well).

Hm...it plays, but only at the end of the animation, whereas I want it to play at a certain frame. I put the frame code under the animation playing code with =19, but then it just won't play at all.

Also, I looked at Invincibility and Speed Sneakers coding, but I couldn't find anything useful there.

EDIT: Never mind, it's all cleared up now.