A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Cartoons / Movies / Videos / etc - Your Help Is Needed

Epon

So if you've been around long enough, you'll remember I used to host a small site that literally had every Sonic cartoon episode produced up to that point online for download. I guess this stemmed from the fact that I was the geeky kid who used to VHS record SatAM and AoStH back in the day before they were in syndication. I like to preserve memories.

A little history... I was one of the losers responsible for hopping on WinMX and downloading whatever episode of Sonic X aired that week in Japan and then distributed it to the fan-subbers on IRC. This was way before the days of BitTorrent when filesharing was still done via direct P2P. It was sort of... exclusive? You had to earn the trust of the other party because broadband internet was still new and bandwidth was a hot commodity.

Anyway, without getting too long-winded here, I discarded all those files years ago. I thought I had burned them to data DVDs but I guess in my various moves around the East Coast, they got tossed because, hey, fuck Sonic, right? I want them back and I need help. If you can actually assist me, please private message me and we'll discuss this in detail there.

As I've gotten older, I kind of miss having those files now, especially since a 1 TB hard drive would be more than enough to store it and that shit's dirt cheap. Plus, with the advent of social media (FB, Twitter, etc), web forums and fansites have sort of become... defunct? Torrent websites are worthless because people stopped seeding this shit years ago.

I want to preserve these files properly. I think they deserve that much, eh? Sure, they're shitty cartoons, but to those that can remember waking up at 9am to watch ABC in the early 90s... maybe you'll see my point of view.