A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Help] Water Running

So I'm very new to MMF2, although I've managed to pick up a few things from looking at the Sonic Worlds Delta code. I was using 0.5 beforehand and that already had Azu's Water Run built into it. However, after moving to Delta, I can't reimplement his code, nor do I have any idea how to build a replacement myself. Could anyone lend a hand?

I need this working since I already build a level around water running in 0.5 and don't really want to redesign it since it's fairly big.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, the Level Collab version of 1.2.x. Technically not something I provide support for (it's a fork by the Level Collab guys to add various things for their project), but this shouldn't be too difficult.

I tried to directly port Azu's code but it didn't stick. I'm guessing you're unable to use 1.3.2 (very sad :(), so what I can do is take your MFA and stick Delta 1.3.2's water run code into it for you. PM me your MFA if you don't want anyone else to see your game.

However, if you CAN use Delta 1.3.2, but wish to stick with the Level Collab fork, you can port the code over fairly quickly. First, import the water run splash effect (Effect_WaterRun) into your engine frame; it's in the "Effects" box. Next, select the "General_Water" object and go to the Values tab of the object properties. Add an Alterable Value called "WaterRunSpeedCap". You can set this value either the proper way (edit the character initialization events to set this value for each character) or do it the lazy way and just set the value to 6 :V

Once you do that, go to the events of Delta 1.3.2 and copy events 3629 through 3636 (this is inside "Interface and post-processing methods" -> "Water (Post)"), then in your engine's events paste these events into the same location. That SHOULD add Sonic 3 style water running to your engine.