A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic-style RPG elements

My favorite thing about Sonic and the Secret Rings was the leveling up system. It really added a lot of depth to the game, giving Sonic different abilities (even if most of the useful ones were just fixing the controls).

I would like to see this return in future games. Sonic Generations scratched the surface with it skills, but most of them were useless. It having a limited number of skill points didn't help either.

It would be really cool to have a custom sonic using this system. For example, you could chose boost or spindash, somersault or slide, stomp or bounce bracelet, ect.

You could also have a system by getting a good rank you leveled up your sill limit so you could get some cool combinations.

Anyway, I have rambled, what do you guys think? Is it a good idea? What skills would you have? Discuss.

(If this is in the wrong sub-forum, I apologize, I am still new)

I dont know. I played SatSR for a few minutes at a friend's house. The fact that they start sonic off basically walking (and then made you repeat the stage multiple times) is why I never played for more than 30 minutes.

I think Generations was a decent way to handle skills in a 3D sonic game. Generations didn't make much of them them because the game was pretty short and simple. But as long as acquiring skills comes from earning them and not grinding for them, i don't mind it. SatSR's skills felt like they were trying to stretch gametime more than anything to me.

• 2 weeks later...

mm....well....

Sonic Generations is the awesome game that i've ever played! XD

anyway, "most of them were useless" well, that's kinda useless but those skills were usefull for who got stuck to get S rank or red ring. the limited point for skill is a bit challenging. the player must manage the points for the skills! XD.

mm.... about choosing system such as boost or spindash. it's kinda cool if sega added it to the game but that kinda "not fair" to me... XP

yeah, and Sonic Generations was the simplest game in Sonic Universe..... (i think)

just find rings, boost, spindash, run around, and manage the time! XD

unlike the others sonic game! (well maybe)