A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Problem] SAVING PROBLEM.

Well, last month i got a new computer, for my and my dad use. I picked my Sonic evolution mfa file and putted it in my personal folder, after i started the game, i see the Sonic life. From 35 to 00. VERY STRANGE, because, before, the life display 35, because this is what i get in gameplay. but, now display 00, and when i got a life, the game dont save. See how the code is:

semttulokjz.png

EDIT: EVERYTHING IN GAME, have this problem :(

There's not much to work on in here, but let's go:

I assume your Global String K (which I guess must be a profile name or something) is properly set before you try this, right?

If it's not, then that might be the reason.

Try this - set the paths to appdir$+"\levelname.bin" instead of your current expression and see if it works.

Also, I don't understand the "Always set value lives to item lives" event. Why is that in there? Is "value lives" an alterable value? Or is it pointing to the inbuilt MMF2 lives counter?

There's not much to work on in here, but let's go:

I assume your Global String K (which I guess must be a profile name or something) is properly set before you try this, right?

If it's not, then that might be the reason.

Try this - set the paths to appdir$+"\levelname.bin" instead of your current expression and see if it works.

Also, I don't understand the "Always set value lives to item lives" event. Why is that in there? Is "value lives" an alterable value? Or is it pointing to the inbuilt MMF2 lives counter?

Hey ^^ weellllll, the "lives" (is life) is a alterable value, and the item. They are same names.

EDIT: Ok, the code does work :( also i have tried this:

appdrive$+appdir$+"LevelName.bin" = syntax erro

appdrive+appdir$+"save/LevelName.bin" = code accepted, but does work.

You just said "does work". I'm guessing you meant "doesn't" work?

There's not much to estimate from what your code shows. Things seem right here... How about you click the INI object in the event editor bar so that MMF2 only shows you events related to it? See if there's any other events you missed.

You just said "does work". I'm guessing you meant "doesn't" work?

There's not much to estimate from what your code shows. Things seem right here... How about you click the INI object in the event editor bar so that MMF2 only shows you events related to it? See if there's any other events you missed.

It was the first thing I tried searching but found nothing wrong... I'm worried.

Have you tried checking out your ini file, wherever is it written? See if the values are correctly written on the file (just open the ini with notepad.)

Everything still ok, i think this problem is because i change it the mfa file from your original folder. Changed why? a PC problem :/

soo now, with a new PC, this problem has been appeared.

The path you use is relative though (./Save), so it should still work.

Unless you're working from a read-only medium, that is...

Try setting just a plain absolute path like C:\save.ini or something, see if that works.

The path you use is relative though (./Save), so it should still work.

Unless you're working from a read-only medium, that is...

Try setting just a plain absolute path like C:\save.ini or something, see if that works.

I try, and don't work :'(

I dont know why i got this problem, damn, bad luck :((

Now i really think is my pc, because, i picked one backup who i got in 26/03/2013 and, have the same problem, who is very strange because, i remember when i created this backup, all is ok... But how this is happen? If this problem persist, i only continue the game when i got a new computer (in 2014 or something...)

There must be something wrong with your system setup. In case you use Windows Vista or 7:

You're not running the mfa from a folder like Program Files (which in Vista+ is read-only when not running a process as administrator)... ...right?

Try running mmf2 as administrator, or put your mfa in a directory that will surely have read/write permissions.