A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Project AXSX, A Sonic Xtreme re-creation project

Andrew75

• 4 weeks later...

Yep that's kind of a proof of concept render for Sonic's Spin-Slash move.

Im having some difaculty with this one, looks like i'll remodel it from scratch again since I used a sphere instead of the correct shape for Sonic's spinball (Jump move sprite) which throws the camera matching off a bit . The spinball when viewed from behind should be more oval shaped.

xxk.png

I'm not really sure what the original actual function and purpose was, or how it was animated (position and behavior wise threw the environment ) or what it was used for, but I have some interesting ideas for its use.

1: Being able to smash threw walls that are unbreakable by normal means.

2: Damage badnicks and bosses that normally can not be damaged by normal means.

3: The move will be initiated 2 ways.

one: Run Full speed, double jump, ( second jump can only be triggered while sonic is Ascending) At which point he will dash forward threw the air about the same distance as equal to Sonic's jump height.

two: This will be revealed during an actual release

4: I'm not sure yet but Spinslash may not be performed repetitively due to time restraint after its been performed.

Ooooor.....

by some kind of charge up bar that would work similar to sonic CD's time travel move where sonic would have to run max speed for a set amount of time. ( instead of a bar may have a visual flash or sound effect chime when its ready to use)

• 2 weeks later...

Sprites for running on ramps and loops that facing towards and away from the screen have been added,( These are from the original game texture library, never seen them used in any of the official Xtreme videos )

This is something i have wanted to include for years, I feel its a milestone for the project. Having these in the game opens the door to more advanced level layouts.

18y7.png

• 1 month later...

Its not perfect, but it is a functioning multi angle Spin-slash sprite.

The animation has been slowed down a bit for the video. (Also spine Colors may change in the future) Sorry the video is a bit on the choppy side

also .... water

Should have used darker textures when making the video,,, crap .. ahh well I don't have time to make another one today.

Anyways what do you guys think of the under-water concept?

( It may be hard to see but the water effects also uses a fisheye like effect)

(also looks like water physics will need to be redone for AXSX, not really liking the Sonic GDK water physics )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah I typed it and triple checked it, no idea why its not working,, I can't even copy past into these forums its quite aggravating, not sure I will be posting anymore updates here. ( I've tried it on a fresh installed Windows system too)