A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Unleashed is out

Serephim

Just an FYI to anyone who owns Sonic Generations. The team who started the Unleashed mod (porting all the daytime stages to the game) has actually finished. You may now play the better half of Sonic Unleashed on Generations.

http://www.moddb.com/games/sonic-generations

Some of the stages are a bit harder to play (for me anyway, used to unleashed physics), specifically any stage involving water, drifting, Lightdash or just due to the mechanic/level changes (Chun Nan in particular since it combines all of these in one section). But ho-boy. Something really awesome, since there are no graphical limitations anymore, all the levels just look way updated. Specifically Savanna Citadel and Rooftop Run. The new draw distances let you to see parts of the backgrounds that got usually got clipped.

I can still say Jungle Joyride is my favorite 3D sonic stage since Sky Deck. The speed adrenaline aspect of the Unleashed maps are awesome. I almost forgot how fun the original Rooftop Run was.

The only downside is that it doesn't include seperate acts, nor does it include Eggmanland. Which is understandable for obvious reasons. But i've always wondered how amazing Eggmanland would look without the copious amounts of lag everywhere.

If I had known about this project earlier, I wouldn't have bought Sonic Gen. for the Xbox 360. I use to play it a lot, but I always felt Sonic Unleashed was easier. Probably because I'm comfortable with the X button being the homing attack and drifting is much easier in that game. But anyway, with this project installed, the modded Sonic Generations game should definitely satisfy a lot of fans.