A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Animated backgrounds in Multimedia Fusion 2?

Jassbec

Hello, it's me again. :tgrin:

I just wanted to ask the following things:

So i'm using Multimedia Fusion 2 (Dev) and Sonic Worlds and i want some animated waterfalls in the background. I cloned the background/parallax thingy and when i tried to import all 3 waterfall frames i realized the object had animation disabled. :asweatdrop:

maybe i'm just dumb and can't see it, but it there a way to "activate" animation in those objects? or is there an alternative way i don't know about?

I'm sure you guys know about this kind of stuff, so i hope you can help me!

Thanks by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

You've probably figured this out by yourself by now, but I'm going to say it anyway.

You could try doing different Background System Boxes, each one for each frame of the animation, give them the Parallax qualifier, put all of them in the same X and Y position, and order them in a way that the first frame is on the front of the other two, the second on the middle and the last one is on the back.

Then you can program events that will happen every X frames (which, I guess, you know how to do, you just need a frame counter and a little bit of logic) that will make a frame visible/invisible, depending on which frame you'll need to be visible at a certain time. You need to make the first one invisible, then the second one invisible, then the two visible again, in this order, to make the animation work as it should. There MIGHT be some easier way of doing this, but that's how I do it anyway.

If you don't understand my explanation for any reason, please say so and I'll try to make it more understandable for you.