A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 Sound formats

TailsSena

Well hi, I've been gone a while.

(I'm sure it was great while I was away, heh-heh.)

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there's a way to make MMF2 run a .adx music file... Currently listening to some .adx stuff in VLC and it seems like a nice format. Plus, I doubt converting it to .ogg will be terribly fun, so, again, I'm just wondering.

And while I'm at it, are there any other obscure/complex formats that one could force MMF2 to chug through?

And I guess, since I'm a bit bored... Are there any off-the-wall formats you guys like to use for whatever?

That's the CRI Middleware audio format, hm...

Well, nothing of the sort around the CT forums, so I doubt you can play it.

As for other formats, I think there are extensions that can play formats like SNES audio. Aside from that, through the Directshow object you can make MMF2 play a wide selection of formats, assuming the host computer has codecs.

AFAIK Middleware's sound format or any of their other products are not open source unless you are a developer. There is a possibility to develop a extension for MMF2 with the source code of those ADX2WAV tools flying around on the net, but I don't think they will be happy if that happens.

Konjak used MODtracker to compose the music in Noitu Love/2 and Legend of Princess. Not sure if it has a extension or it is a obscure format for MMF tho.

Konjak used MODtracker to compose the music in Noitu Love/2 and Legend of Princess. Not sure if it has a extension or it is a obscure format for MMF tho.

MMF2 natively supports several tracked music formats, just no loop support. MOD/XM/IT are supported, maybe one other I'm not recalling.

• 1 month later...