A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

We are the best fangame website out there.

Eminence

I believe our core group of guys are all very talented in their own respect. I've seen a lot of legtimately intriguing projects on here. And, you may or may not like this idea but we need to update main page. More importantly scrap the current sprite section and replace it with a nice, neat, and organized sprite section.

We have a premium domain, a dedicated fanbase, let's revamp the current site, and overhaul the sprite section. I mean we manage to host a gaming expo and spoonfeed people Game Engines.

I -definitely- can get behind acknowledging that there is a ton of talented people here.

The only thing for me is that the mainpage is not really necessary in a sense...not a whole ton of new content is really submitted to be put up anymore that to overhaul it is kind of a waste. Not only that but the memberbase here is really small, dedicated, but small. Most people here are just building their own resources aside from the engine.

I almost would suggest integrating more things into the forum if anything.

I've created a site for Indie Gaming.

Registered users can post their own content to the site via a simple to use form. Content includes games, videos, images, etc. and there are categories for games, tutorials, and examples. There are ratings, comments, and social buttons for each page you make. You can use that same account to access to forum.

Anyone I know I will make an author which means there will be zero wait to get your content on the site as you can publish it yourself. New content then immediately appears on the front page.

indiegamescollective.com

Not bad; dated. Smudge coded that shit from scratch before a lot of existing web frameworks existed. He basically made a content submission portal using nothing but what we now would call Web 1.5 tech.

Can it be better? Duh. Does it really need to be? No. No one goes thru the site to download Ninja's mega packs anymore because they too are dated! I don't mean graphically... I mean if there's even an extension from the CNC days of Clickteam used, good luck finding it for the new versions of MMF and TGF.

(BTW, I'm still better than that prick Ninja)

There is a lot of content on the forum that could be added to the site though Sonic Worlds for example.

MFGG would probably let us use there CMS. Common CMS's like Wordpress and Joomla could do the job. They would allow us to integrate the community and site system together. Allow responsible members to post their games and tutorials to the site. I don't have access or permission to do such a thing though.

There is a lot of content on the forum that could be added to the site though Sonic Worlds for example.

MFGG would probably let us use there CMS. Common CMS's like Wordpress and Joomla could do the job. They would allow us to integrate the community and site system together. Allow responsible members to post their games and tutorials to the site. I don't have access or permission to do such a thing though.

This is exactly what I had in-mind.