A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Example with proof .

This is not what I meant when I said show proof. This is not what the rules meant when they said show proof. This is also posted in the wrong forum area.

When we say show proof, we're asking you to show proof that you are working on the game, not someone else's work on their own games to use as a basis for what your game will look like.

You did not post proof that you were working on your own game, you posted a link to an HD Sonic 1 remake and a tutorial on how to shade Sonic characters in case you want to make an HD Sonic game.

This is how a typical forum topic (Which goes in the GENERAL PROJECT DISCUSSION forum by the way) should look.

TITLE OF THREAD: MY GAME'S TITLE

BODY OF THREAD: DESCRIPTION OF MY GAME + PICTURES/VIDEOS/PLAYABLE DEMO OF MY GAME THAT WERE MADE BY ME.

And once again, I'm just saying this for your own protection down the road, but don't do HD remakes. They're just a cease and desist order waiting to happen.

NO, NO, NO. Showing other peoples videos of projects completely unrelated to anything you are working on is not any kind of evidence that your project is anything more than a vague idea.

Unless you have one of the following, you will not be allowed to have any kind of project thread until you do:

• Video of a prototype of your project with gameplay
  • Significant art resources and/or level design (which includes more than just a list of tropes, it should be detailed describing all elements that make up a zone)
  • A playable build of your project prototype (always best)

Also all project related threads belong in General Project Discussion, not in this forum for discussing stuff that isn't related to fangaming.