A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

General Science Thread

Lhancat

Couldn't think of a better name for the topic. :U

Anyway, science. No this thread isn't for you to talk about your school science project. Please refrain from it.

Anyway. Science has always been a topic of my interests for a very long time. I like to read about the weather, natural disasters, and even extinct animals. :) A topic of my fascination has always been volcanoes, closely followed my tornadoes. They're just so fascinating!

Earthquakes are fun to read about as well. I'm quite curious about the San Andreas Fault, and the supposedly overdue "big one" that's supposed to hit San Fransisco. As well as the new shockwave that was discovered, it actually explains why a 7.8 magnitude earthquake caused as much damage as it did.

What do the rest of you like to study or read about occasionally? What's caught your interests?

I'm really into chemistry and mechanics / electrical appliances.  

When it comes to Chemistry I'm mainly into Organic Chemistry. Surely most of you if you've taken some sort of High School / College course you'd guys would have experience with it (United States speaking).  I don't do chemistry for an occupation by any means but I made my fair share of synthesis, chemicals, and substances of such.  It's quite amazing what you can make with little to no knowledge.  It's fun to work with certain chemicals and bonds to form special reactions.

I have my occupation more towards electrical appliances, computers.  My studies went through all around of 'New Age' Computer coding to more of the 'Dinosaur Age' bit of computers.  I don't have a fond interest with the history or such but more into the new age since..well...everything now a days is based on computers and this so-called "Interweb" haha.  

But that's just all of my interests in Science though.  That I can think of....