A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[HELP]Homing Attack

VilcsiTH

Hi there! I'm a newbie.

I currently have a project, which is actually doing pretty good. I have a lot of questions, but I will start with the most easiest.

How can I do a Homing Attack? I tried, but I couldn't... Even with the help of the "search" section.(When I hit the button for "Homing Attack" it did nothing, thus I don't know how to set that when you press Space bar twice, it does it.)

I know that there are a lot of posts out there on how to do it but none of them worked... I use the newest version of the engine.

Thank you, and please help me.

EDIT: Oh and please could you attach an example that's already in the engine?Thank you.

One day really isn't a lot for waiting for help, especially with something that's somewhat complex such as a homing attack.

I don't have an example because I don't really program too much, but I do know that if you're only looking for the way to register if the jump button has been pressed while you're in the air, you might want to check out Tails' flying action and Knuckles' gliding action. Those should both have examples.

Calculating a homing attack is a bit more difficult. I would imagine you would have to calculate which enemy is closest and then calculate the X and Y speed Sonic should go to get there, which should involve some sort of trigonometry and I'm foggy on that. I know there are examples somewhere, though the ones on the main site may not work if you just copy paste them I'm sure you can go off of them.

Not totally sure if you need that help or just the button pressing. Hope this did help you somewhat.

FYI: Most people will not go out of their way to make something for you, particularly if it's relatively complicated. Also, the fact that you just joined and haven't shown off your project yet will also make people less likely to work. No one wants to put effort into something for someone and see it fail (like all my old games have lol) If you want people to help you with the bigger stuff, I suggest you make a topic in General Fangame Discussion and post some pics of it and generate some hype. :)

Anyway, I hope I helped somewhat, welcome to the site, and so on and so forth! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...