A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Game Modding - Texture edits and Model / Stage Edits

A.T.

Since there is no modding / model editing thread yet I decided to make one.

Here everyone should post their own Model Edits / Texture Edits for any Sonic the Hedgehog game.

Here are some simple guide lines when posting YOUR OWN creations.

1. Please No Adult Content Mods...Sonic Redux is filled with all aged members and posting 'Adult' content would quite go well with the younger audience..

2. Please post only your creations. Last thing we need is the original creators being mad at someone for stealing their work. If you have permission from them then I would assume it being okay, but lets just avoid the situation all together.

3. Make you posts like the example below so we know what game the mod is for and such. (Including a whole tutorial isn't needed per-say but it would be nice for those who are wondering on how you did the mod / hack).

4. Please no guidance or help for illegal downloads for 3D Modeling Programs or Art Programs. Last thing we need to deal with is legal issues... 

5. Finally, if you post a download link to be sure its a safe source and file for other members to download.  If you post any harmful links that it will be immediately deleted and your account on Sonic Redux may not be at 'good standing'. (Viruses and such).

With that said lets see some of your guy's creations!

For an example on how to post I will post one of my own mods (You don't need to edit your text by the way) :

Dark Sonic Texture Mod for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - GameCube ISO Mod - Dolphin Emulator PC

In this mod all I did was really edit a couple textures in the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ISO file that I had with Dolphin Emulator.  Now there might of been an easier way of going about this now a days but back then the PC version wasn't released / announced yet.

Here is a lil video demonstrating the mod.  There were a couple other texture edits as well that I did in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HksP7FtE7aE

I may continue the mod and do some more later on.  I'm debating on attempting a model edit mod as well, but that will be a whole new project of itself.

There is NO download link, however I may post a tutorial later on.

The audio of the game was terribly glitchy and so were my controls which was weird.

____

Posting in here should look something like what I posted above. Nothing to fancy or hard, just a simple post with some details about the mod and the platform and game it's for.