A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Combine Ring help

Betaman

So I've been attempting to add in some new monitors to my copy of the Sonic Dash engine. One has been giving me lots of problems recently. I had it working at one point, but Game Maker crashed on me and I had to re-do it. The monitor is the Combine Ring power from Chaotix on 32X. When I get hit though, the variable that controls whether the Combined ring comes out does nothing, and it acts as if I hadn't collected the power-up at all. The Code:

else if (global.meld = 1)
{
global.past = global.rings;
instance_create(x,y,objMeldRing);
global.meld = 0;
global.rings = 0;

action = action_hurt;
if (sign(x_speed) != 0)
{
x_speed = -2.7*sign(x_speed);
animation_direction = -sign(x_speed);
}
else x_speed = -2.7*animation_direction;
y_speed = -4;
ground = false;
player_set_angle(0);

invincibility = 2;
invincibility_timer = 240;

sound_play(sndRingLoss);
}
[/CODE]

As you can see, it's a simple copy of the ringloss code. The commands that call for the script that makes you lose all of your rings has been taken out and replaced with a code that creates one ring with all of the rings in it. I can't seem to figure out how to make the MELD variable (the variable that makes the powerup active) go away.

EDIT: Okay I seem to have fixed the issue of making the ring come into existance, but I can't seem to make it bounce without screwing everything up. It's the same object as the ring object, but it has certain snippets that make it act differently, such as making particles. If I edit the motion variable, it makes the ring go away forever, do I have to mess with the timer variable?