A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Help] Strange keyboard problems

The thing is, I was trying to export an image from an object of mine (I lost the original one). When I tried to insert a name for saving, it didn't recognize most of the keyboard's keys. I tried the on-screen keyboard as well, and the same thing happens, so I don't think it's actually a keyboard problem.

And another thing: all keys work properly if I hold shift while I'm typing, no matter if they are capital or not. What I'm saying is, if I try to type "a" the normal way, with Caps Lock off, it doesn't recognize that I typed it. But if I turn Caps Lock on and then type "a" by using Shift+A, it recognizes. This only happens for exporting the image, as well, not for opening one by typing its name, what is very, very strange.

Of course, I can live typing with shift, but it's not very comfortable. Can anyone help me with this strange problem? Did anyone ever had it or it's just me?

At first I thought it could be a sticky key function locking up, but if it isn't system-wide, it's not the right case...

If one particular program is the only one affected, try updating it or deleting its preferences/config.

I had a similar problem with my keyboard not recognizing keys been pressed, I put the keyboard into a different PC and it worked fine. My assumption was that I had malware or a virus so I did scans and still had issues..

Something what worked for me is I was using a USB keyboard so I plugged in an old keyboard (Forgot the name of the connector) and it worked fine.. I've re-formatted since then so not tried the USB keyboard as I kinda prefer the design of this one but try using an old keyboard if possible..

At first I thought it could be a sticky key function locking up, but if it isn't system-wide, it's not the right case...

If one particular program is the only one affected, try updating it or deleting its preferences/config.

This only happens in MMF2, and only when I'm trying to export an image from an object. Not when I'm saving an application project, importing an image or anything.

I had a similar problem with my keyboard not recognizing keys been pressed, I put the keyboard into a different PC and it worked fine. My assumption was that I had malware or a virus so I did scans and still had issues..

Something what worked for me is I was using a USB keyboard so I plugged in an old keyboard (Forgot the name of the connector) and it worked fine.. I've re-formatted since then so not tried the USB keyboard as I kinda prefer the design of this one but try using an old keyboard if possible..

Actually, I'm using a notebook, with the default keyboard, but I do have an extra keyboard here from my other computer. I'll try and see if that works.