A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

TS's 3D Engine

Okay, to prevent further hijacking of this thread, I'll be making my own. Finally.

M2aWI.png

^My proof of concept.

So, it's not true 3D. Yet. It's mode7 with a lazily mapped sprite, but it'll get better.

Also, that transparent map is just for my navigation purposes, as I haven't implemented camera rotation yet.

Links: Compiled EXE The MFA, if you wanna tinker.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing... Norton absolutely loathes the EXE! It wants me to restart my computer now!

Just played this demo and its looking sweeet! It would be cooler if it was actually from behind and not slightly above though. I guess then you would have to mess around with gradients on the walls to show where they are and there angles..

I'm the opposite of Instrutilus in terms of if it should be 2D or 3D.. I think if it was 3D it would be harder yes, But it would be more unique and set itself apart from every other 2D fan game..

If we can't agree maybe we should have it almost Unleashed style in terms of the 2D/3D mechanic.. Have 2D sections then change into 3D sections, Kinda like How Rush did with the hanglider and Generations 3DS did with the rails, But actually have you running?

Skip to around 5:20 to see what I mean :)

http://youtu.be/G8ur0riUJs0

Well...we could have two modes? Mode Antiquus, entirely 2D full on remake. Mode Novum, new gameplay in familiar zones? Is that feasible, TailsSena?

Somewhat. I can rotate the camera and restrict the player's movement to twp axis while forcing the player sprite to go sideways.