A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Photo Viewer Project

So, I'm trying to make a Photo Viewer app to support all file-types known to MMF2 (Which is most of them), because every other app I've seen has been unsatisfactory. Got some of the base and GUI elements in, but what I need help with is counting files in a folder sitting next to the app. That way I know just how many Active Picture objects to create at the start of the frame.

Help?

EDIT: And also because I'm just bored on memorial day.

The Sphax File-Folder object has a "file browsing loop" action that will return the full path of a file on each loop, following an alphabetical order.

Adding a create action to the "on loop" action of the FF object should do the work. I find it handy to also add these paths to a list object, so that at the end, I get a list with one full path in each line.

Oh fuck. Happened to me as well, doesn't seem to work anymore... My only guess is that the server that used to answer the program has changed.

I haven't heard of any updates to FU, try looking around the clickteam forums.

EDIT: The fusion wiki extension list has what you need - http://www.fusionwiki.com/wiki/Extensions

EDIT2: Fuuuuuuck. DL link for the sphax extensions returns 404.

Well, this sphax file folder object isn't in any of the bonus packs, so I guess Clickteam's "do not share" does not apply with this one.

Besides, the author's homepage displays a Creative Commons BY banner in the extension's description, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem to share it.

Lemme look around my backups - I should still have a full package of all my mmf2 extensions somewhere.

EDIT: Here you go. Remember to put both the "Extensions" and the "Data/Runtime" versions in their respective places, or MMF2 will complain when building your executable.

file-folder object.zip

Mmkay... This isn't really working and I think I know why...

Is it possible to create a completely new object from within the runtime?

I mean, an object that wasn't created in the frame editor. One of my issues is likely that I'm trying to use clones of a single Active Picture object, thanks to the way the runtime works.