A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM8] Sonic 2 Heroes style gameplay in Dash

GiriX

I'm sure you've heard of flamewing's "Sonic 2 Heroes" hack for the genesis/megadrive?

if not here's a link to it's page on Retro

You play the game by switching between Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles while all three are on screen at once.

I was wondering if there was a way to implement this into Sonic Dash without changing the engine up too much? Maybe a few tweaks to the partner code? and I'm still having trouble adding a new button to the controls...

I'd really like to use this style of play in my new project, any help appreciated :3

Sorry for the words, but programming Tails' AI for a sidekick is already a pain in the ass. But TWO SIDEKICKS? Pfff. I prefer not to imagine.

It is not impossible, though. I don't know how Game Maker works, but if it has some kind of class system and the player is a class, I suppose you can create three of them. The rest is all about managing the controls...

But if you are willing to make it on MMF2, I... well, don't wanna disencourage you, but I always ran from it like if I was running away from the devil himself.

(I know I didn't help, but...)

Then I would put myself into your debt for a very long time

(Although, that doesn't sound legal at all)

bump! I still nedd a bit of direction for this, if I shold use another engine for this concept I will, but which should I use? any help appreciated

Doing that in MMF will be a pain, seeing how it's events system picking is useless. GiriX you could get in touch with DMAshura, he and AeroGP modified the engine to do what you want, you would only need to add a third partner but the principle is the same.