A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Construct 2 Help

Rawr

Okay so I finally settled on trying to learn Construct, and so far I can actually make shit move in here!! It's pretty easy to understand so I've been able to learn things easily here :D! Buuuut I've run into one major snag so far...

The frame doesn't want to center on my camera object.

The way I have it set up now after looking at one persons tutorial is I have kind of a 'delayed camera'. It will scroll the screen in the X axis but for whatever reason it doesn't want to scroll properly on the Y. Everything gets super stupid. Even then though it still has troubles following on the X. Everything gets crazy off-center.

Here is how it looks:

ahhh.jpg

This is what is happening:

Test it here

Sprites and whatever are placeholders, I made them back in like 09 or something so don't pay any attention to them. I'm merely focused on trying to get this camera working right haha. I figure there are a few people here that use Construct that might understand what's going on :x

EDIT:NEVERMIND. I FIGURED IT OUT.

I guess I'll leave this topic up in case I need more help with things in Construct. I simply just had to fudge around with the numbers I had put in there and now things run smooth. I replaced the link above with a new version so its not screwed up anymore lol.

Maybe!? I dunno. I'm just dumb as shit when it comes to this side of making games but I've found Construct to be super easy to kind of get a basic thing going in.

I think it's great so far. Once I get something to the point where I have a lot of stuff put into it so that it is playable and fun, I'll probably end up purchasing the full version. I really want to be able to make subfolders and I want to use a lot of parallax layers, but the free version restricts that.