A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Death Help

StealthyMC

I'm trying to replicate the way Sonic dies in alot of his 2D games. However, I've run into an issue. How do I make it so Sonic falls through all the objects in the room when he's dead? Normally, I would just look through the player object's code and look for anything that has to do with initiating the collision scripts, but apparently I can't find it. :( Help please?

By the way, I'm using the Sonic DASH engine. (Yeah, I'm trying to redo the EoD engine.)

Move him to a layer where there aren't object collisions to worry about, but below the HUD. If that layer doesn't yet exist, make one.

I think you may be referring to MMF2. I'm using GM8 and from what I know, I don't think there are layers like the one you are talking about.

The easy way to do this would be to have Sonic change into a different object all together. That way, this "Death" object won't interact at all with any of the ground or objects.

That's exactly the way I did it before. However, I'm trying to use only one object less errors would happen that would concern that the main player object didn't exist.