A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Other Engine Options?

SuperBliz has been trying to fix the engine for various reasons. We are having a large problem with dropping framerates, and even with the DLL given to me by Chronic, the engine still has problems. I suggested Kain's Sonic 3 engine, but SuperBliz has a problem with it, and the Revival engine is a good engine, but doesn't really capture the essence of Genesis games as well as the DASH engine. Anyone have solution?

There was talk of that guy Mercury's amazing engine AesThet coming sometime soon. But I might have read that a long time ago. @_@

SDASH is the best, imo. Try running the base engine demo on your computer, see how well that performs. If it's OK, the problem might be in your code, and that'll be ineffecient in any engine, right? ;D

If you absolutely must switch engines, try an earlier version of SDASH like the Xmas release?

*Aesthete , it's an actual word meaning a particular type of person who has a high appreciation of beauty such as for art or nature.

You aren't limited to GM you know. MMF2 provides many good examples and with coding knowledge from GM, learning MMF2 is quick. No really ask BlazeFire, first time I'd ever seen MMF2 and I started working on the engine with him albeit not on as adventurous things as him but still.