A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFGHQ Again listed as malware site

Daniel

Easiest way to get it showing up is if you visit the site from google. It's probably just another stupid search engine redirection exploit type thing.

EDIT: Ugh. It looks like Google just added us back to the black list for no reason. It says pretty explicitly that the last time any page was scanned resulting in a problem was on the 9th of December and that whole topic from last time took place on the 10th.

6671659597_366bbf2389_z.jpg

Now I'm getting it.

UPDATE: Google Diagnostic page has been updated to show today as the most recent date for a scan with problems... It appears to be the exact same group of shitware as last time though.

How the hell does that happen? I mean, I have to use Firefox because of this shit. AGAIN. Not that I hate Firefox, I'm just more comfortable using Safari. But man, oh man.

Yeaah I'm having the same issue here, Im using Firefox at home and its just not letting me on the site ata all so I may be gone until it gets fixed =/

The only way around this that iv'e found is to use Internet Explorer 8 (Or lower) and enter the www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum link without using google.. Your antivirus may flip though.. my AVG doesn't like it at all =/

Hoope it gets fixed soon, This is obviously someones idea of a practical joke -__-

So there were two problems this time.

The first was the appearance of a suspicious php file which, once decoded (after decoding the decoded code - no exaggeration) appeared to basically turn any browser into a remote console. I deleted that.

The second problem, which I didn't find before Google did, was the return of the malicious .htaccess file attempting to redirect you to sweepstakes bullshit malware site - same one as the last two times.

I've yet to find out how they get there... I combed the logs pretty thoroughly and found nothing. Does not eliminate the chance there is a security flaw in the site's, or more likely the forum's, code... but I'm more inclined to think this is a security problem with our host since we're not the only ones who've been hit.

All cleaned up for now. Done all I can.

=Smidge=