A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Bidget Ball: Demo

Duckboy

I'm sure a good number of you have played the demo of my game, as it's been out for a good while. I made the demo, and then not long afterwards, my computer crashed, and I ended up losing everything. I had no backups, and since the only thing about my game that was left was the protected demo... I just decided to forget about it, and canned it.

Well, I'm reviving it again. What is a Bidget? It's nothing. It's mearly there for alliteration.

The point of the game: You have to avoid the ball. It's simple right? Wrong! While it's true you have to avoid that, there's also other obsticles, enemies, and objectives you have to do in each level. Don't expect some sort of fancy engine or anything. I'm far too lazy to learn all the tutorials on making something fancy. Infact, after I'm done with everything, I'm handing it off to Shadowgoten to polish up crap like that. So some stuff will be a little buggy.

Eventually I will impliment a map screen too. There's not going to be any story. There's no REASON for you to be doing the things you're doing in the game. You just do. The demo only has two objectives. Survive for X number of seconds, and collect X number of coins/star thingies. There will be more objectives, but currently those are the only two. Now for screenshots/info about the demo levels!

BBS1.png

Sapphire River: You take control of Yoshi and Baby Mario, who have to survive for 60 seconds. Besides the ball, you also have to periodically watch out for the sea monster.

BBS2.png

The Mouth: You take control of Toad, who has to collect 10 rings. Besides the ball, you have to avoid the saliva drops that fall every so often, and if you fall into the teeth, then its instant death.

BBS3.png

Green Plains: You take control of Poochie, who has to collect 20 coins from the para-koopa that drops them. Besides the ball, after a certain time has passed, the giant chain chomp will get closer until it finally catches up with you. Get all the coins before that happens!

BBS4.png

Take Notes: You take control of Baby Mario who has to 14 coins. You only have to avoid the ball in this one, but beware of falling off the edge of the paper. If you fall in the water it's instant death.

BBS5.png

Red Hall: The hardest stage of the demo. You take control of Kamek, who must collect 13 star guys. You can get the stars by shooting your magic at the flying enemies. The enemies can hurt you, and there are TWO bidget balls this time. Also, there is lava at the bottom, and if you touch it, it's instant death. After a long while, the lava will raise to a little bit higher, giving you less room to manuver. (I'm aware of the glitch that gets Kamek stuck in the menu up top. I've fixed it since)

Also, for the demo, just hit the "~" button to skip to the next level.

Well enough chat. Here's the demo:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...F81CBB80689F9B0