A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

endless music in tgf 1 and mci questions

PATCHMAN

SO is there a way to loop the music continuously through the levels without using mci?

also is there a way to imbed the music in the game while using mci?

cause when i save my game as a standalone game the music doesnt play. and i dont really want my music in the same folder as the game. seems less pro, and well i dont want access to my music to be thaaaaaaat easy :smad:

and im sure it cant happen, but is there way to do the endless looping with just the stock ext in tgf?

thanx for any help!

Depends. If you want to loop a .MIDI (or God forbid a .WAV), then just type in '-1' for how many times it should loop; that'll loop continuously without MCI. Unfortunately, TGF1 doesn't support .MP3 or .OGG.

Also, there's no way (I know of) to embed .MP3s in TGF; the best you can do is make a sub-folder specifically for music and store them all in there.

Unless you're composing your own music, it shouldn't be a privacy problem.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're fading to a solid color or image, what you could do is make a frame that is that color or image (I'll call it 'FadeBlack Frame'). Place it in-between each frame you want to 'pause' for a second. In that frame, add a condition like...

After 1 second -> Go to next level

That'll make it 'pause' inbetween fades. It'll double how many frames you have in the game though. With a bit of programming, you could use just one frame. I'll explain how below...

---------------------------------------------------

Create 'FadeBlack Frame' and put it as the last frame in your game. Now, in each level, add an additional event to the 'Go to next level' condition like so...

*Set Global Variable 1 to [Next Level Number]

...where [Next Level Number] is the level you want to go to next (IE: When you look at all the levels in the editor, there'll be a number next to each stage. That's the Next Level Number).

Now, go back to 'FadeBlack Frame' and change the 'Next Level' code to...

After 1 second -> Jump to Level [Global Variable 1]

That'll make it go to whatever level you set the Global Variable to. Hope that helps; I don't have TGF with me right now or I'd make you an example.