A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Level Issue!

Zealot1993

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and if I'm just missing the obvious answer, but I've been having this issue. I'm trying to make a level but when I'm not sure which objects to keep in the level. I remove basic things like walls, floors, bridges, etc. Off of the level and design my own level and different problems happen. Sometimes the badniks can't hurt me, other times Sonic just starts rolling and can't stop. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find this asked anywhere else. Do I have to do a specific procedure when making a level? Do I need certain objects PRESENT on the level? Do I just make it on the different layer? I'm not sure what to do and would appreciate any help given! Thanks!

When the badniks can't hurt you: You're putting the objects on wrong layers. They're usually put on layer 2 to work.

Whatever objects having problems, Sonic rolling to his oblivion, etc: There are some objects that should not be deleted, such as sensors, the End Sign Post (If you're using Delta 1.2b, 1.2c or 1.2b for Level Collab), the Metal Sonic Boss (This one has to be replaced and not simply deleted, or else you'll have trouble making another boss again).

Check what you're deleting again. MMF2 usually tells you when you're deleting something that has not more than one copy of it on the frame. Unless you checked the box that says "do not show this message again".

About the extensions: You sure you updated THE ENGINE and not MULTIMEDIA FUSION 2? Sonic Worlds, Delta or not, can easily run on any copy of th latest build of MMF2. Unless you have a pirate version of MMF2. In this case,oh well... Clickteam won't allow you to update your extensions.