A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The underwater jump glitch in Worlds Beta

It's probably got to do with the code that sets the variables for underwater/non-water conflicting or repeating itself somewhere. Just a guess.

I'll take a look in Worlds and see if I can spot the problem and come up with a solution for you.

Edit: I'm having a bit of trouble finding the build the glitch is in. I've looked in quite a few builds. It seems the older builds don't have this glitch. SonicWorlds 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.5B don't have this glitch. Could you post the version you are using so I can review it?

EditEdit: This version doesn't seem to have the glitch, I tried causing it over and over and it seems to work properly. (This has the polepod in it too).

Try disabling lots of groups like gimmicks and actions and see if it doesn't occur in your version when something is disabled. Then try and work out what is causing it. If you find the group though and can't figure it out. Post it here and I'm sure one of the guys here or myself can try to see the cause.

Looks like it only happens if Sonic is running very fast while underwater. I tried doing what LakeFeperd just said and it didn't work.

I have not tested the platform version of the bug, but i remember it happening randomly on the crusher platforms, no matter how fast Sonic was at the time. Normal moving platforms seem to be ok.

Looks like it only happens if Sonic is running very fast while underwater. I tried doing what LakeFeperd just said and it didn't work.

I have not tested the platform version of the bug, but i remember it happening randomly on the crusher platforms, no matter how fast Sonic was at the time. Normal moving platforms seem to be ok.

well, in the build i'm using the engine seems to have a problem to make sonic go up with the Yspeed higher than -5 for some reason

knowing this also helped me fix the ringloss glitch in SonicBTS(yes! i did it)

Is the platform moving upwards? I can imagine this happening quite easily if the platform is moving upwards faster than Sonic's initial jump speed. That could be taken care of by simply adding the speed of the platform Sonic is jumping from to his jump... but doing so would actually require a significant amount of reworking the jumping code I think. It'd be more physically accurate though and possibly more interesting in general.