A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Router Problem

Serephim

Okay, im going to take a shot and ask some people more tech savvy than me, because im trying to play Blazblue and this problem is driving me up the mother FUCKING wall.

Im playing, and my router keeps disconnecting my PS3 from the connection, for like 10 seconds, almost specifically so that it can fuck up whatever im doing and then blissfully go back to working normally. It's not only my PS3 -- youtube, any MMO i can play on my PC, anything, it drops it and laughs in my face when i try to find the issue and nothing is fucking wrong. I get no messages from my computer, no anything. It just doesn't work, and then it does.

It was happening with an old Cisco Linksys router. We ditched that piece of shit, bought a damn near $100 Linksys Dual Band router. 5 days later, it's doing the same mother fucking thing.

Someone give me a reason to not take gasoline to this thing. Im starting to be pretty positive it isn't the router itself.

The only message i will get is the occasional AIM telling me im magically connected to two locations at once, and on my old router i constantly got "IP Address Conflict" messages once the problem flared up. I dont know what to do anymore. Im sure those are integral to the issue but there's no telling.