A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Axiom game release thread

vexer

Why result screen did't come out when I finish boss in Sandy Sinkhole Act 3 with Tails?

I just did a quick runthrough of the Sandy Sinkhole Zone as Tails. The results screen came up for me after I defeated the boss and functioned correctly. Perhaps you were playing an older release?

Whoa, kitchen-sink - you're quite the tester. *gives you 1000 internets*

WOW! 1,000 Internets?!

me-gusta.jpg

I use 16-22, and it sounds fine. Sounds like you'd expect from a Genesis styled game anyway.

And you do realize that the human ear can't perceive a huge difference between 22 and 44KHz, right? But anything above 44 is absolutely worthless because the only thing that will notice is a computer.

I am pretty sure that is absolutely, 100% bullshit because I can very obviously tell the difference between 22khz and 44khz, and I'm one of those guys who thinks audiophiles with 320kbps MP3s are crazy people.

Also "16-22 sounds like you'd expect from a Genesis styled game" is also total garbage. Let's do an experiment.

http://blaze.letsvideogame.com/TEMP/SoundTest.mp3

Tell me you can't hear the difference; this is a track from the official Sonic 2 OST. Not recorded from a VGM, not a GYM. This is directly from Sega.

You might be thinking of the SNES, which had a sampling rate limit of 32khz. But since a lot of the "signature sound" of the Sega Genesis is done through its FM Synth, the higher the bandwidth, the better.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys! In case you didn’t know, another update to Sonic Axiom was silently released a few days ago. Well, I played through it, and once again, I loved every bit of it, and discovered more glitches, as usual.

I love the addition of the ability to call Tails to you, similar to the recently released Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II. Although, my only gripe with it is how it is assigned to the “S” key. Even when you are using a gamepad, you have to press “S” on the keyboard to call Tails to you. It would be better for it to be assigned to one of the four main buttons you can configure (for example, Buttons 3 or 4). I hope you take this into consideration, vexer.

Okay, here are the glitches I found. There are a few big ones in this list, as well as repeats that haven’t been fixed.

- A small mistake I forgot to point out the moment I launched the newest version of Sonic Axiom is this: in the disclaimer, there exists one typo that I didn’t point out. In the screenshot below, the “q,” denoted by the red circle in the word SEGA should be a “g,” as shown by the green circle in the word belong. It is read as SEQA instead of SEGA.

AMistakeIForgottoPointOut.png

- Although minor, when you choose “No Save” on the data screen, when you are selecting a character, you can only move right, instead of left and right. So, if you cycle past a character, for example, you must cycle through all of them again to reach that character.

- At the beginning of Glacial Galaxy, Act 2, after sliding down the ice, breaking all of the blocks, and hitting the wall, you will walk backwards indefinitely unless you brake, jump, or move forward. If you don’t do this in time, you’ll fall down a bottomless pit. The same thing happens after sliding off of the water slide, into the water at the beginning of Riptide Relic, Act 1.

- When Super Sonic is climbing a pole in the Steel Station Zone while facing left, one of his sprites will appear much higher than the rest of them. A good way to see this in action is to get on a pole, move to the right, and then move to the left.

- Additionally, when Super Sonic, as well as a few others, grab onto a pole initially, the SFX that plays will do so multiple times at once, sounding like a buzzing sound. I have reported this before.

- One of the glitches that I am a bit disappointed to still see exist is Tails not running on the water in Mineral Mine, Act 2. This is one of my favorite moments in the entire game, and to see Tails always fall in the water at this part is a bit disappointing. He has always run on the water before the two-player update, and I don’t see why he doesn’t now. Was Tails’ movement speed decreased? Sonic and Knuckles can do it just fine, by the way. Once again, here is a screen. Sorry if I seemed to have gone on a little rant here. :c

Tailswillalwaysfallinthewaterinsteadofrunningonit.png

- When Tails is following you, and you have him go into a zoom tube in Coastal Causeway, Riptide Relic, or Molten Meltdown Zones, the spinning sound effect made while inside of it will play multiple times at the same time. It’s quite loud, and hard to miss.

- Whenever you attempt to transform into Super Knuckles as Knuckles in the Mineral Mine Zone, he will become stuck in mid-air and be unable to move. This is quite gamebreaking when you collect all of the Chaos Emeralds as Knuckles, and has been reported a few times. (screen)

KnucklesTransformGlitch.png

- In Steel Station, Act 3, while I was unscrewing the sole screw in the Act, Sonic (any character you choose) stopped loosening it, and became stuck in his spinning animation. When I jumped, he became stuck in his running animation, until I jumped again, which made him start standing again. I then continued unscrewing it, like normal. I should have taken a screenshot of this.

- Sometimes, when you destroy enemies, such as the hopping badnik in Neon Night, as well as the golden spiked caterpillar and the red Splatts badniks in Sandy Sinkhole, they will awkwardly bring you down towards the ground instead of bouncing off of them when you defeat them. When you are transformed into your super form, this tends to happen more often.

- Sometimes, when you are transformed into your super form, some badniks are not defeated by simply running into them.

- After clearing Riptide Relic, Act 1, Tails appeared in front of Super Sonic while they were doing their level clear animation when I cleared the level.

- In Riptide Relic Act 3, the small bubbles that your character breathes do not appear while underwater.

- When transforming into Super Knuckles as Knuckles, one of the sprites while transforming is of a light green-colored diamond object, possibly a debug item.

- After clearing Sandy Sinkhole, Act 2, you can jump around while your character is doing their level clear animation, creating multiple clones that do the level clear animation as well when they are created. It was fixed in Act 1 starting with the two-player update, but has been in every release of Sonic Axiom since SAGE for Act 2. Here is a screenshots of this, showing a clone that has been created.

CharacterGlitch.png

- At the beginning of Machine Mayhem, Act 3, the sound effect that plays when terrain breaks will play. There is nothing in the stage that makes this sound effect, and it has not done this at all before the two-player update.

- You can move around while the flower generator is exploding in Molten Meltdown, Act 3. Normally, movement is automated and the character will do their clear animation.

- This spring in Machine Mayhem (forgot which act :P) is broken. As noted in the screenshot, you will go on top of it, instead of it springing you away.

ThisSpringisBroken.png

- While I was fighting the boss of Glacial Galaxy, the bottom part of Dr. Robotnik’s machine disappeared. When he came down for you to attack him, he was moving the same way he does while he is at the top, and you were unable to attack him until he moved back to the top, though, part of his machine was still missing. Here is a screenshot of this.

EggmansThingisMissing.png

- In Machine Mayhem, Act 1, there is a random platform in the middle of the path. In order to cross it, you must either jump over it beforehand, climb and glide over it as Knuckles, or use Tails to fly over it. Here are two screenshot of this, one before and after it.

Uhwhat.png

Uhwhat2.png

- In Machine Mayhem, Act 1, this platform should be solid, and you should not be able to jump through it. Here is a screenshot.

Thisissupposedtobesolid.png

Additionally, Tails’ tails are sometimes incorrect when he is standing. As seen in the screenshot, they are sometimes the tails from when you are running.

- If you let the spikes in the screenshot pictured below “crush” you, you will be thrown through the wall upwards, and be stuck, as seen in the second screenshot. You will have to restart the game. Every spike crusher like this should kill you, instead of doing this, as well as crushers in other zones, such as Steel Station, Mineral Mine, Molten Meltdown, and Machine Mayhem. Many crushers just put you on top of them you get trapped in them. This has existed in every version. :S

Thesespikes.png

LetpairofspikessendyouupinMachineMayhem.png

- While I was fighting Metal Sonic, I got hit while Metal Sonic was attacking, like normally, and then, when he jumped into the air spinning, he never came back down. I took a screenshot of this. Additionally, when I pressed the “Q” key, Sonic transformed into that multi-colored debug object. It still exists in Steel Station, Act 2, and was not removed, and may possibly exist in other acts, such as Machine Mayhem. I have posted about this before, so here’s another screenshot of it.

TwoinOne.png

PressingQinSteelStation.png

- When Super Knuckles is balancing to the left side in some acts, the animation will be mixed with several different ones, including his new one, older one, and weirdly, his full-speed running animation. Here are screenshots of this:

SuperKnuxBalancingAnimation.png

SuperKnux2.png

- Additionally, when Tails or Knuckles skid in their Super forms, the animation will be a mixture of their older skidding animation, and their newer skidding animation.

- When Tails gets hit by the final boss, his tails will be front of him instead of behind him.

- When the final boss does the attack where it drops the ring, plays the warning signal, and then lands on the ground, Knuckles can glide and hit the boss, and then fly upwards into the air, hitting it more than once, similar to a bug that used to exist, but is now fixed, for the boss in Coastal Causeway.

- When selecting one or two-players as Sonic, when he is doing his animation, the dot on his head will switch sides, opposite of his finger, from between the two frames.

- This box-pullstring is very glitchy. When you attempt to pull it, you will become stuck, and can only move left or right. If you jump on top of the box, you will become stuck and can only move left and right from that height. The only way to get through this part is to have Tails pull it, because you will always get stuck no matter what. This needs to be fixed, because this part of the level is unavoidable and is in the main path. Here are two screenshots of this.

WeirdGlitch.png

Figureditout.png

- Oh, this isn't a glitch, but a rather interesting find. I searched Raffaello9 into YouTube because I wanted to find the song for Riptide Relic, which I ended up finding successfully. The song is a remix of the track "Shared Dig" from Unreal, made by an artist named Elisha, but uploaded onto YouTube by user Raffaello9, who actually didn't compose it. If you want to change the credits to be more accurate, Elisha (origin unknown) made the song for Riptide Relic, although, you may have discovered the song on YouTube via Raffaello9. I'm still searching for the original song for Machine Mayhem and Coastal Causeway. So far, no dice. :/

EDIT: I found a few more as I played through the game. Some may be repeats.

- If you fail a Bonus Zone while you are still moving, the character will do their stage fail animation while still moving (you have no control of them) until they hit a wall.

- If you spin-dash or roll, and then jump onto a pipe in the Steel Station Zone, you can still move in the direction you were facing on the top, but if you turn around, you will not be able to move at all, and your only option will be to fall off of the pipe.

- Although reported before, in Riptide Relic, Act 1, the super transformation glitch on the spring that leads you up with several rings underwater still exists somewhat. There is a different scenario for each of the three characters:

Sonic: As Sonic, when you hit the spring, Sonic will transform, but be in the spin-dashing animation. He will eventually get out of it, and you can continue as normal.

Error1.png

Tails: Tails will alternate between his standing and transforming animations, but will eventually break out of it and continue as normal. One animation will be higher than the other.

Error2.png

Knuckles: Knuckles has the most glitchy thing happen to him. Knuckles will remain stuck in his transforming animation until the countdown ends and "drowns" you. However, Knuckles does not drown, and instead the super music will start playing, and he will become unstuck and change into the springing animation. Knuckles will be super, however, he does not flash like his super counterpart is supposed to.

Error3.png

- This spring is layered incorrectly. It should be behind the rock, not in front of it.

SpringinfrontofRock.png

- While playing as Sonic and Tails in Steel Station, Act 2, as Tails and I were going down the springs (the diagonal ones, three in a row, that bounce you down at the beginning), the sound effects ended up stopping the music for the entire act, and no music was cued whatsoever. Perhaps, the sounds for the springs at the beginning of the Act 2 are glitched.

- Knuckles' waiting animation is slighty higher off of the ground when facing left, than when facing right.

- When I returned from a Bonus Zone in Steel Station, Act 2, while the time and rings were reset to 0, the score was set to 430 points, which was not the amount I had before entering. It should be 0, I assume, so check to make sure in every zone that the score resets to 0, as well.

- The music on the file select restarts when moving away from Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles' save files.

Here is a new link with the latest fixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0rcb97g9d1dyvxn

I fixed the tails water run( I didn't realize it was the 1player tails who couldn't do it).

I have fixed most of the bugs listed above but some didn't occur for me(the box pull-string glitch and the Glacial Galaxy and metal sonic boss glitches).

hopefully this will be the last upload for awhile.

vexer, I've absolutely got to commend you for continuing to release new updates to Sonic Axiom! The game just keeps getting better and better with each new revision, and I know you're working extremely hard behind the scenes to provide the best experience possible! I don't know if I've ever thanked you properly for making this amazing game, but seriously, I thank you very much for putting hours upon hours into making this amazing spiritual succesor to the original Genesis classics! I've played this game so much, I know it like the back of my hand. I know you're probably running out of steam from constantly releasing a new update, only to find more bugs, and reuploading a newer update, but I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate everything that you do with this game! :ssmile:

Well, I did find a few more bugs in this version. I was happy to finally see some of the more prolonged glitches fixed, such as Knuckles not being able to transform in Mineral Mine, and the end-of-level bug in Sandy Sinkhole, Act 2. Well, without further ado, here are the bugs I have found:

- When you fail a special stage while still moving, the character you are will do their stage fail animation while moving until they hit something solid, like a wall.

- At the beginning of Machine Mayhem, Act 3, when the title card is still showing, the sound effect of terrain breaking will play, even though there should be nothing for it to sound.

- When you select to play as Two Players, sometimes, when you clear a stage, Tails will be in front of you instead of behind you. Here is a screenshot:

Tailsinfrontmoments.png

- Super Knuckles does not flash in Mineral Mine, Act 2, and will remain the same palette as shown in the screenshot below:

NoFlash.png

- At the beginning of Machine Mayhem, Act 1, Tails will start in front of you instead of behind you.

- In Molten Meltdown, Act 3, while spin-dashing, I got hit by a fiery ball Dr. Robotnik shot, and the spin-dash trail remained. Here is a screenshot:

Spin-dashglitch.png

Additionally, when I got hit by the Coastal Causeway Zone’s boss while spin-dashing, the trail remained, as well. Again, here is another screen. This means that if you get hit by, I presume, any boss while spin-dashing, the trail will remain.

BossGlitch.png

- After breaking the flower generator at the end of Mineral Mine, Act 3, you will be able to move around after destroying it, until the game forces you into your level clear animation. Normally, your movement is automated after destroying a flower generator.

- This was an unexpected one, but while skidding, I hit the goal post at the end of Sandy Sinkhole, Act 2, and when Sonic was on the other side of it, another Sonic was created right behind the original one. Here is a screenshot of this:

Whoa.png

- In Steel Station, Act 2, one of the platforms is out of place, and there is a noticeable white space in the area where it belongs. Here is a screenshot:

Blockisoutofplace.png

- The background of Machine Mayhem, Act 3, flashes erratically. Here is a screenshot. It continues to do this after you defeat Metal Sonic. The second half of the level, where you can see the city, is perfectly fine.

Flashingbackground.png

- When Tails gets hit in Machine Mayhem, Act 3, his tails will sometimes be in front of him instead of behind him. This happens more often when fighting the final boss. Here is a screenshot of this:

Tailstailsareonwrongside.png

- When you skid, and then move the direction opposite of where you were going (where a single frame is displayed), Super Tails and Super Knuckles will alternate between their older animation and their newer animation.

- When you run past some enemies while transformed into your super form, they will not explode, such as the spiked Technosqueek in Machine Mayhem.

- If you let the spikes in the screenshot pictured below “crush” you in Machine Mayhem (not sure of the act), you will be thrown through the wall upwards, and be stuck, as seen in the second screenshot. You will have to restart the game. Every spike crusher like this should kill you, instead of doing this, as well as crushers in other zones, such as Steel Station, Mineral Mine, Molten Meltdown, and Machine Mayhem. Many crushers just put you on top of them you get trapped in them. I've reported this before.

Thesespikes.png

LetpairofspikessendyouupinMachineMayhem.png

- Super Knuckles has no left balancing animation in Machine Mayhem, Act 2.

- The small air bubbles that you breathe while standing can sometimes float above the water in Riptide Relic, Act 2. Here is a screenshot:

Bubbles.png

- Tails’ tails sometimes appear outside of the elevators in the Machine Mayhem Zone.

- This spring in Sandy Sinkhole, Act 1, should be behind the rock, not in front of it. I’ve reported this a few times.

SpringinfrontofRock.png

- You can only move right while selecting a character under “No Save.” Additionally, the arrow for selecting a character under “No Save” only appears when you press “Z,” and it should appear with whatever button or key you have assigned for Button 1.

- In Steel Station, Act 3, while I was unscrewing the only screw in the Act, Sonic stopped unscrewing it, and continued spinning until he came to an eventual stop. Afterwards, when I tried moving, he wouldn’t move, but was still in his running animation. I then spin-dashed again, but he got stuck again, but the screw broke anyway. This doesn’t happen every time you attempt to break it, but it’s been occurring for me more often.

If I find more, I'll be sure to update this post!

EDIT: Here's an interesting one I found.

In Mineral Mine Zone, Act 2, if you transform while riding the minecart, the minecart will stop, however, you will keep moving without riding it, and remain stuck in your transforming animation. When you finally come to a stop when hitting the wall, Sonic will remain frozen the way he is in the screenshot below, and you must restart the game.

Heresaninterestingone.png

EDIT 2: Here are two other things I've found:

When you break the flower generator at the end of Act 3 as Tails in some zones, he will appear behind the flowers that form instead of in front of them. Here is a screenshot:

TailsbehindFlowers.png

Also, in the Steel Station Zone, when you grab onto a pipe as Super Sonic (and possibly others) when standing, the sound effect that plays will only play once. However, if you grab onto it while running, and then jumping, the sound effect will play multiple times at once, sounding like a buzzing sound.

EDIT 3:

Found another one. In Neon Night Zone, when you are spin-dashing, and let the platform hit you while you are doing it, the spin-dash trail will remain. Here's a screenshot.

Untitled.png

EDIT 4:

Due to my laptop being broken, I inadvertently found this glitch. When you press "K" in some levels, such as Neon Night Act 3, the explosion sound will start playing and will continue to play for the entire Act until you clear the level.