A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Another whole lot of things I need help on @_@

After I got the Static Engine working, I couldn't figure out how to do simple things such as enemies( Like getting hit by an enemy and then making it so that when you have 0 rings, you'll die.) and stuff like springs. Before I had done static movement, I would make it so that when Sonic touches the spring, he would be destroyed and a fake sonic with another movement would come out from the spring and act as Sonic(Yes I like to use cheap effects) But now I don't know what to do since there are all these sensor thingys attached with Sonic. And one last thing. How do you make Sonic's gravity higher?

......What the hell?

Im making a Super Smash Brothers engine that uses 2 mixing X and Y values, and even I dont use 15 counters.....

You seriously need to read the help file on TGF.

Go to the main site and download some full static engine tutorials. Pick them apart and play with them until you can do it all from scratch.

TRUST ME, that will make you like 30x better with the program. When you learn some normal concepts, you'll be able to throw a working static engine together in like 20 miniutes.

But when you get better, i seriously suggest swiching to Pixel. Static is very, very flawed.