A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

sptd.sys is trying to screw with me.

Hyper Emerson

Suddenly, my netbook was getting a lot of slowdown and closing Google Chrome didn't help. So i restarted Windows.

It didn't start again.

Though "safe" mode, which didn't load either*, i found out that SPTD.sys was causing the problem. As a last resort, i tried "last good configuration" mode and it worked! I immediately copied the source of my fangame to a pendrive. *phew*

So it seems that SPTD.sys is part of Daemon Tools. Would uninstalling it fix the problem? And if i need to use a iso file for some reason in the future, is there a safer way to do it without using Daemon?

*Seems i was supposed to just wait for safe mode to skip sptd.sys for it to load.

Ok, i just uninstalled both Daemon and the SPTD driver. I hope this situation turns out good.

If you need DAEMON Tools for virtual drive managing, get another virtual drive mounting solution.

There's Alcohol 52/120%, and Gizmo (this one is a suite of several applications which includes virtual drive mounting.)

Alcohol can use SPTD too, though. What you have to do is deactivate autostart for that service. Simply open "msconfig" through the Run dialog and uncheck "DAEMON Tools services" or similar in the services/startup tabs.