A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The secret sonic thread of secret secrets!

Serephim

Yeah, that's the FMV I was talking about. I also thought R2 was going to be a ruin style level. As you said, if we look at the relation between S1 and SCD level order and theme:

Green Hill > Marble > Spring Yard > Labyrinth

Palmtree Panic > R2 > Collision Chaos > Tidal Tempest

It just clicks in place.

There's also the fact that the time attack screen has extra space for one more level if you move the "triangles with zone names".

Too bad that there aren't any definitive R2 graphics at all...

all i remember is, back in elementary school on that shitty 56k dialup, i came across pictures of Sonic 2 Beta along with Hidden Palace Zone.

man, i was on a MISSION to find a way to play that crap. I looked for all sorts of game genie cheats and everything.

And then i finally came across gynecyst...

Time Travel?

What means

Sonic 2 = Sonic CD?

Well, it's been proven that Sonic 2 was built off of the Sonic 1 engine (as one of the alphas has Green Hill Zone included), but time travel was also admitted to have been in the early stages. Like you said, wood zone was a scrapped past area for Metropolis. They even used the same music.

Hidden Palace wasn't the past of Oil Ocean though. Yuji Naka said himself that the player would be warped to Hidden Palace after collecting the emeralds, for Sonic to get his super powers there. As everyone knows, though, it never came to be that way.

Well, it's been proven that Sonic 2 was built off of the Sonic 1 engine (as one of the alphas has Green Hill Zone included), but time travel was also admitted to have been in the early stages. Like you said, wood zone was a scrapped past area for Metropolis. They even used the same music.

Hidden Palace wasn't the past of Oil Ocean though. Yuji Naka said himself that the player would be warped to Hidden Palace after collecting the emeralds, for Sonic to get his super powers there. As everyone knows, though, it never came to be that way.

fuck man, that would have been so god damn epic.

Anyone remember that old awesome Hoax where sonic is on the Master Emerald going super?