A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Various tracks from last year

MSUK

I guess it was time I posted my shit here anyway.

Yeah I make music and have been around the past year-and-a-half/2 years. I've been kinda pursuing it more vigorously than the other forms of media I work in; trying to get out of that "Jack-of-all-trades-but-mediocre-at-all-of-it" milarky(though I've had a complete creative block for the past 4/5 months, hence me posting the songs I created last year). I used to work primarily in Drum n Bass/Ambient, but I'm pursuing other genres as of present.

But yeah anyway I like Dolphins. Getting to business:

This is a track I did last January that was a continuation of an idea that an acquaintance presented to me(He asked me to "remix" it and the result was something so completely different from what he originally gave me that it pretty much became an original track of its own). Drum 'n Bass with a Psuedo-Jazzy vibe I guess.

This is something I did last...March, I think it was. Some of my friends called it Pendulum-ish, I guess I can see the similarities.

And this is a boss theme that I did for a friend's video game project that got cancelled. In any case I can flaunt it about now because there's no expectancy to keep material concealed until a demo is released. Funky.

I really like all this. I'm not on my production PC right now, but from what I can hear, the production sounds pretty tight. Not sure if maybe you could make the kick a bit punchier though.

Only other thing is that I think your saw-lead should have a few more effects on it. maybe chorus->distortion or something.

Ah yeah, I understand what you mean with the leads. Usually with my waveforms(especially sawtooths and square waves) I'm careful not to go overboard with post-processing. I guess it's just a habit of mine that I need to alter. But thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it. :)