A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Damizean's 360 degree problem

Joedpa

Ok, I'm using this engine:

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/view.php?sec=4&id=88

And it works with backdrops, but I want it to work with actives, I already set a qualifier so Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer can recognize the actives I want it to work with (neutral).

But the problem is, I already copied everything and changed it, the backdrop 360 degree movement is working correctly, but with the actives: the angle change doesn't work, I never get to go up a slope or even turn around depending on the angle.

How I do that!?

You need to literally clone "I think" all events which have the word "backdrop" in them with like "qualifier" which ever you choose. You also need to make every negated event with backdrop have the "qualifier" in it too since you want it to happen when both don't touch anything. NEGATES should apply to all.

Hope this helps.

You need to literally clone "I think" all events which have the word "backdrop" in them with like "qualifier" which ever you choose. You also need to make every negated event with backdrop have the "qualifier" in it too since you want it to happen when both don't touch anything. NEGATES should apply to all.

Hope this helps.

I already did that, and what happens is what I already explained, the angles doesn't work.

You sure you did EVERY event? Including fast loops and such?

I'll give this a try now' date=' if I succeed, want me to post it here?[/quote']

Yeah! I'm pretty sure I changed EVERY event:

-Vertical and Horizontal Moovement

-Slopes

-Angle Detection

Everything! Maybe I'm missing something or is there something in the ocean of actions that I don't know how to change.

PLEASE, it would be awsome if you try it out and help me find the problem!!!

Alright, so... I tried it myself, and It looks like it's working. What I think you forgot to do or didn't know that you only clone event's that are Not negated.

"(X)Overlapping Backdrop"

These ones.

You only clone the ones that are

"Overlapping Backdrop"

This might be where the flaw was, anyways. I attached the .mfa file for you.

Also, the collision group I made "Group.0".

360 (Active Objects.zip

Alright' date=' so... I tried it myself, and It looks like it's working. What I think you forgot to do or didn't know that you only clone event's that are Not negated.

These ones.

"Overlapping Backdrop"

OMG!! You are really good, and you did it REALLY fast O.O, well, it's time to try that out in my actives, now maybe I'll answer it tomorrow because i don't have too much time left, so once I try that out I'll let you know :)

Alright' date=' so... I tried it myself, and It looks like it's working. What I think you forgot to do or didn't know that you only clone event's that are Not negated.

These ones.

"Overlapping Backdrop"

YEAH!!! IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D

Wait a second..... are you the same blazefire that I know? the one that makes games and everything like that?

Not sure' date=' might be. Depends who you are or HOW you know me I guess. Also, your welcome. :)[/quote']

Well, I downloaded a Sonic 2k6 game created by Blazefire and I've heard that name in many places on the internet.

Actually' date=' his name is Blaze_Hedgehog "Ryan Bloom". He goes here. You can check out the sonic 2006 engine I made in the here though, if you're interested:

[url']http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=7061[/url]

Oh, yeah... very similar names :P, but still, I think that I've also heard of you and your engines, so i think I just got a little confused, hehe.

And I'm going to see your Sonic 2006 engine right now :)

Use anything you want in it' date=' you know the usual credit routine. Also, the engine you are doing. What style was it in?[/quote']

No one, I'm making my own engine basing myself in things that I liked from some engines, and things that I disliked from others. And I don't mean downloading them and changing them, I just watched them and then created my own.

I'm not sure I quite follow. That didn't really answer my question though. So you say you are looking at engines and copying things?

Oh, style!

You mean Genesis, Advance and like that? If that's so, then, it's a next gen one, you know: Modern Spindash, Rails, a boost for Sonic, and etc.

And no, I'm not copying anything, playing different kind of Sonic Fan games that "suppousedly" were next gen ones, I noticed things that I did'nt like, so when I started my own engine, I found my own ways of getting things done like what I wanted, and that's all, I'm not copying anything.

Oh, alright. I get it now. Yes, I meant Genesis/Advance/etc. Interesting. I hope you do well with the engine. Remember, if you need more help with it or there is something you don't know. I'll probably most likely try to help. Interesting you are looking for pros and cons.