A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

UnityBlitzEngine (BlitzEngine port to unity)

I'm happy to see this BlitzSonic thread for being imported to Unity. I worked with Blitz3D and I'm STILL with it. Not SO expert but you can check out my channel to see my BlitzSonic project(ChaosGaming, this is my channel name). Need help with references or something? Pm me or something else like Skype. I'm learning Unity to port my game to Unity, but begin learning with a different code base engine is really hard to do, I'm low learning java script and the process is funny to do after all, meh just saying :P.

By the way, the trail renderer that sonic has makes the port really laggy for me, if you can plz remove it I would appreciate it.

It's not dummied out, it's not ported, the code in blitz3D was really just an xml exporter, there is also no object code but those are trivial to makes. You can just drop level mesh and then set collision layers and it works. Coding the collision for object will be easy to add.

This port is only the character and control code so far. But the blitz one was too limited, I need to rethink the code for flexibility.

I'm working on another project I will resume this one after that project.