A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Combo Crash Turbo: Looking Meh since 2010

jumpbutton

YES THAT IS THE GAME MAKER DEFAULT SPACE BACKGROUND SEE THE BOTTOM FOR WHY IT IS LIKE THAT

Alright alright alright alright, let's look at whatever shit I'm up to

Combo Crash Turbo: A Game About Crash Bandicoot Wearing Some Kind of JetBoots Or Something? I Don't Know!

Here's some jank ass old screenshots wrapped in a jank-ass lazy little infographic I made in June of 2010 or somewhere thereabouts. I DUNNO how shit works here so if it's broken due to the formatting of the other forum I post on, SORRY BRO

Most of the stuff on the infographic below is incorrect -the game is score based now, and the only collectables to survive were bonus tokens. Also, most of the story has been done away with. Basically, this was for a "create a game idea" competition on a forum I admin for, and I decided to actually make it, and dumped all the shit I don't want to code/draw.

cctthread1.png

cctthread2.png

cctthread3.png

cctthread4.png

Okay so now you're a little more up to speed on what the FUCK this is

so here's a video of my friend Taronuke (you may know him actually, he creates some relatively popular flash games, and generally isn't afraid of anything) playing the game in a REALLY BROKEN STATE in what appears to be HYPER LOW-DEFINITION 240x120 RESOLUTION (seriously what)

VIDEO:

here's some more shit:boostleft.png

EXTRA INFO

Just a heads up, all this stuff is like the oldest possible shit I could post, but I don't have the game files on this laptop so I had to copy paste. I'll be bringing more up-to-date screens later. Basically, this is all from when I was testing the game's waters and honestly the screens are from before the first level was even finished. Now I have like 8 odd levels, some bosses, shit's goin pretty good

The graphics other than Crash are all placeholders.

Crash sprite looks like dick in screens, much better in motion, but probably not in Taronuke's video up there thanks to the resolution, but if anyone were to want to record some video of it I'd be happy to send an EXE over to whoever the hell

I think it's pretty neat, but its got some problems and I likely won't finish it

you know though, I just like to post here

you guys are all right