A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Legacy of Sonic: Jules' Undertaking

Nikku

If anyone has read the original Sonic the Hedgehog comic series then this is an act to reenact what happens in the comics. Instead of playing as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or even Shadow you will play as Sonic's father, Jules. I don't intend to upgrade graphics that much, I will mostly focus on the story to keep it somewhat relative to the comic and adding to the original sonic style of gameplay. :smidge:

If anyone is interested in knowing about why I am trying to do this, I started trying to make a SC2 mod of DotA(not a clone). However, recently my laptop, which had all my work on it minus models on my external harddrive, broke and I need something to do!! Luckily I found Sonic Worlds, which resurrected my Sonic fanatic childhood :ssmile: . So, I figured to make a game for an already existing idea I should look up the lore for it. And the only Sonic lore that I know of exists from 2 Sonic the Hedgehog comics I had as a child of which I remembered that Sonic loved chili dogs and that his father was Metal Sonic? I brushed up on this and he sort of was. Anyways, I've already come up with choreography for the opening scene to introduce the concept of Sonic and his father Jules and started doing his sprite work yesterday. If you guys like it, then motivate me!! I want to make the game that SHOULD have come after Sonic & Knuckles/Sonic 3 and my inner child can only push me so far. Wish me luck fellow Mobians. :TailsBal:

• 1 month later...

So, I've been having trouble with school and haven't been doing work on this much lately. But here is a mock up I put together.

148502_121404497920822_121158514612087_141143_6847369_n.jpg

legacy.jpg?t=1291443889

I'm still working on the full sprite sheet for Jules (The Robian on the right). I will do one for Uncle Chuck eventually, but he's only a minor character. Also, I know I said before I didn't want to change the graphics much from Sonic 2, but I was very OCD when doing Jules.