A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Genesis - SAGE 2010

toaster1

Warning: Total copypasta from the Sonic Retro topic.

Here is the website and download link!

Welcome to the topic of SONIC GENESIS. This classic fangame with many new twists is also enhanced with improved sprites, and while it is unfinished, it is a sort of accurate example of what the final game may be like.

JADE HILLTOP ZONE is the first zone of many in SONIC GENESIS. While you may find some easily defeatable badniks here, Dr Robotnik has thrown in a few susprises! There are three badniks in this zone. They are the SHELLSTOPPER, SKYBUZZER and PESCROBAT.

The SHELLSTOPPER is the most intuative of all the new badniks-if you attack it from its claw side, it will bounce you back like a bumper. The SKYBUZZER is not particularily interesting, floating around, moving up and down, and the PESCROBAT is your typical bridge-jumping aquatic dezinen.

Rolling hills and simplistic yet fun level design will keep you on your toes - You must use your NEW ABILITY, the QUICKSTEP, to turn around quickly should you almost run into a badnik!

But when you take on the BOSS, you will find that Dr Robotnik has prepared to take you down using his LASER EGG mecha. While not an imaginative name, it can give you a run for your money!

(That was all copypasta from the readme, excuse me for being under time constraints.)

I have completed almost all of this game myself, aside from the basic engine thanks to Rogueyoshi and Damizean, as usual with Game Maker games, and a few bugfixes thanks to Overbound!

Here is a massive PNG quilt of screenshots!

sonicgenesisimagesretro.png

And in case you want to look back at this project's beginnings, here's the link to the main topic and some extremely preliminary screenshots.

I hope you enjoy this. =)