A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My music creation

Hello everyone,

Its been a good while since i've been around this community,

I think its been a good 2-3 years actually, and i'm impressed that its still up and running, looking great as ever!.

Ive been really busy over the past few years doing my University degree at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music, its been hard work, but I can happily say I have achieved what I wanted personally academically.

But now I have nothing to do really nowadays, i've decided I wanted to come back and use what i've learnt to contribute to the community!

So i've started making some tunes that would be appropriate for SFG's (in my eyes anyway)

I have a sample of a track I came up with, took me about 10minutes to create in all open honesty, I would love for you all to share your opinions on it!

snow zone.mid

This certain track would/could probably be used in a Snow type zone,

as the melody sounds rather like christmas aha,

I look forward to your views on it! good or bad!

I will be uploading alot more of my work onto this Thread, so keep your eyes out!

Good to be back properly!

Beautiful, I love it. Keep up the good work! =)

Would you be willing to compose upon demand for fun? I am afraid I cannot offer you anything but respect, but it would be nice if you were a composer for my fangame.

Of course this is just an offer. I don't have any ideas or such. It's just an idea; I can make do with remixes if you decline.

Thanks man,

All your compliments make this worth while for me!

which brings me on to your proposal Toaster!

I am very willing to compose for your game, it will be great fun for me,

theres just a few rules I'm going to be working by:

1. You have to give me some specific details of the kind of sound you want for your zones, like for example: BPM/Tempo, how long you would like the loop track to be, and what kind of zone it would be used for!.

2. I can make songs on demand, But you'll have to leave me with AT LEAST 3 days to complete the track, this will give me enough time to sort out the levels of volume for each intrument + track (Mastering sounds kind of lame for a MIDI track)

3. My names somewhere in your credits, even if it's the tiniest font ever! ;)

If these rules are fine, I will be more than happy to make music for anyone!

• Like 1

Thank you, Imperialstinger! Here are my responses to your rules - hopefully you will find them to your liking. =)

1. - I'll actually send you the level and a remix from Youtube that could fit for a general idea. Would that be fine or would you want me to be more specific?

2. - Take all the time in the world. I mean 'on demand' as in saying 'Hey I've almost finished this level mind if you make some music for it at some point in the future?' I'm not very quick at working on levels, so it doesn't matter if you take a while. Three months would be stretching it though =P

3. Of course! I didn't even intend to have a credits section until I came upon this topic, mainly because there would only be 4 names within (Me, you, Overbound and SEGA), but I'm sure I can manage. =)

Is that good? I'm mainly worried about my response to your first request.

~toaster1