A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Parallax Setup That's Slightly Different

I am now crossing the parallax bridge, as I said I would probably need help with it down the road and it turns out that I do. And I am new at the parallax system as well as the values associated with it all. Everything else in my zone is going very well as I put it together, but I need to know if the parallax scrolling method that I have planned for the background will definitely work and how.

Shown below is the background from Hill Top Zone. My background is very much influenced by it. As you can see, there are the front mountains and the furthest mountains behind it, which would be scrolling slowest. I want to do something just like that with my BG, as the front tall mountains will scroll faster than the ones behind it.

hilltopbg01.png

And here is my slightly unfinished background concept for my zone. You'll see the tall mountains, that will scroll faster and the green hills behind it, and they will scroll slower. The green hills will be made separately from the large mountains so it can be scrolled.

hhxbgexp01.png

Is this type of scrolling method possible to do in the parallax system in Sonic Worlds (and using MMF2)? If so, what steps would be involved to create it? Thanks and rep + to all serious help here, as well as providing detailed parallax information. It's greatly needed for me to move forward with development.