A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 3D Blast

Kirs

Just removing the flickies isn't enough to make a game completely devoid of substance into a decent game. Is it less annoying? Sure. But is it decent? Nyeeeeeeeeh. It's like removing the combi-ring from Chaotix. Would it make the game better? Sure (as long as you had a way to bypass the partner need). But at the end of the day you are still just zig-zagging along levels with confusing layouts with lame bosses, lamer gimmicks, and crappy mini-games.

I recall a time in my earlier life when my gamecube died for a while and I had to bring the Genesis out of retirement. It was an amazing time for me except I didn't have sonic 3 or 3d blast (I had all the other ones though). However, one day my family proceded to donate at Goodwill and I noticed they had sega games there. They had 3d blast and 3. Moments after buying them I got to my house and played 3d blast (i had already played 3 before). I thought the game was alright ok but it laked with the crappy game play and the flicky gimmick. Somethings I did like about the game were the music (celestial) and the special stages (awesome). But I still perfer the classics.