A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Help] Sonic Worlds Immediately Crashes

Draco

I was wondering if there were any requisite extensions for this engine. The splash screen starts up fine but it always results in a Microsoft report error a couple seconds inward.

Does this require the latest version? I have a rather modern version, just not the cutting edge. I'm just unable to update mine. I'm also lacking 3 of the bonus packs if that makes a difference.

It's most likely your MMF2 build. You need R243 at least iirc.

If you can't get it, then go to the event editor of the level frame, filter the sound events and eliminate the events that make the music play (they have a frequency action that older versions can't know about), then make that event again if you want the music back, with the regular actions you find.

Thanks, that did the trick. Now I'm off to figure out how to implement wall-jump and crouch jump.

Those are quite simple, but I was you...Try setting things to actions like:

Action 1 *usualy in SW* = Jump animation & jump itself.

If You was going to set crouch down it would be something like :

Repeat While Down Arrow Is Pressed, Set Action to 2 *tip, make sure Action 2 doesn't already do something* Change animation in *PlayerSkin_Sonic* to CrouchDown.

Then to make it go back when NOT Holding it:

NEGATE =reverse commands.

(NEGATE)Repeat While Down Arrow Is Pressed, Set Action to 0 *usualy default standing animation* . Only One Action When Event Loops.

That should do the for the crouch down. As for the walljump, I could make you an example if you wanted in the same engine you're using. You can therefore copy and paste it for your liking or learn how i did it using my comments in it when i finish it for you.

Those are quite simple, but I was you...Try setting things to actions like:

Action 1 *usualy in SW* = Jump animation & jump itself.

If You was going to set crouch down it would be something like :

Repeat While Down Arrow Is Pressed, Set Action to 2 *tip, make sure Action 2 doesn't already do something* Change animation in *PlayerSkin_Sonic* to CrouchDown.

Then to make it go back when NOT Holding it:

NEGATE =reverse commands.

(NEGATE)Repeat While Down Arrow Is Pressed, Set Action to 0 *usualy default standing animation* . Only One Action When Event Loops.

That should do the for the crouch down. As for the walljump, I could make you an example if you wanted in the same engine you're using. You can therefore copy and paste it for your liking or learn how i did it using my comments in it when i finish it for you.

That would be awesome, because the language looks almost foreign to me. I actually have some TGF experience with other static engines but Sonic Worlds seems to be a lot more sophisticated (I realize this when I'm staring down the trigonometric equations and chains of alterable value) Something as simple as gravity seemed to be expressed rather abstractly and impossible for me to tweek.

I'm assuming for the wall jump you just change the gravity when the wall detector overlaps the backdrop and you're holding, let's say, left, for a limited amount of time, then you can either wall jump or fall off naturally. Or you could make it like in 'Splosion Man where if you slide enough, you get a charged jump.

(Edit) Oh, and I forgot to mention that I've yet to actually do any editing of the latest build. I'm still mostly theoretical until I actually know what I'm doing.

That would be awesome, because the language looks almost foreign to me. I actually have some TGF experience with other static engines but Sonic Worlds seems to be a lot more sophisticated (I realize this when I'm staring down the trigonometric equations and chains of alterable value) Something as simple as gravity seemed to be expressed rather abstractly and impossible for me to tweek.

I'm assuming for the wall jump you just change the gravity when the wall detector overlaps the backdrop and you're holding, let's say, left, for a limited amount of time, then you can either wall jump or fall off naturally. Or you could make it like in 'Splosion Man where if you slide enough, you get a charged jump.

(Edit) Oh, and I forgot to mention that I've yet to actually do any editing of the latest build. I'm still mostly theoretical until I actually know what I'm doing.

Almost everything is controled by Alterable Values, the basic ones are:

Angle

Action

Ground

Xspeed

Yspeed

then the weird stuff:

Acel

DeAcel

JumpGravity|

IgnoreFlagcontrol

ect....