A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SatAM Project(by AGES)

Ironrind

Our team(AGES) has been working on this for a short while. The four of us got together (TechnicallyCorrect, Tyrone_man, Razgrizblaze, and Ironrind) and we seem to be making pretty good progress. There's not a lot that I am able to show at the moment as the C++ coding, texturing and rigging are still being done for our 5 main characters(Sonic, Sally, Antoine, Rotor and Bunnie). This game will play in sort of stealth RPG styled fashion. I'll explain that a bit more later on. So this is just the start of series of video updates for the team channel.

This video displays a few of our main characters which are still in raw mesh form. Sonic is still being touched up so he is not in this video. Any comments would be appreciated.

Character Models:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH2qHbbbP9E

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SatAMProject

I was wondering whether you would take up another project after Nebulous, or stick with two projects.

I'm not really a SatAM fan, probably because they didn't air it in Serbia or any of the German channels I had on cable.

As far as the stealth RPG thing goes, the only thing that comes to mind is Beyond Good and Evil, but I have really little to comment on at this moment. I guess the models are good, but I'm only familiar with Sonic, so I would probably be able to comment on him best.

I was wondering whether you would take up another project after Nebulous, or stick with two projects.

I'm not really a SatAM fan, probably because they didn't air it in Serbia or any of the German channels I had on cable.

As far as the stealth RPG thing goes, the only thing that comes to mind is Beyond Good and Evil, but I have really little to comment on at this moment. I guess the models are good, but I'm only familiar with Sonic, so I would probably be able to comment on him best.

Yeah, It's difficult to focus on just one project. Pure Chaotix is more programming while my job here is only to model the main characters.

I'll try to get some screenshots of Sonic once I finish up on his body.

The models don't look half bad. Maybe they could do with a little less muscle definition, though, but that's just me. What will really matter, I think, is how well they animate. Animation is often the hardest part.

Now that I look at them, I can see the biceps are pretty large and the muscles are a too toned. Okay, Thanks for letting me know.

Looks like you're going all out for this one, the models look very detailed. I'm surprised we don't see more SatAM on the fangaming scene. I will point out that Sally's chest seems somewhat exaggerated. From what I can tell, she only looks that big in fanart, Archie may be a little closer to that than the tv series, but it still ought to be toned down just a tad. Bunny Rabbot looks fine though.

Next is the skinning, are you going to have simple coloration, cel-shading, or are you going to go all out with the texture? I'm asking because Sonic and crew tend to look stranger the more detail you put into them. Sometimes fur can look really strange on Sonic, so its best probably not to go too far unless the camera is going to be close behind them. Even then, keep it simple.

Thanks a lot for the critique^_^

I am still struggling to draw/model animals rather than humans...haha I guess I prefer the latter, but I will retouch the upper bodies to make them look more like cartoons.

Once the modeling is done, the models will be passed onto the texture artist. I know for sure that they won't be cell shaded, but as for the level of detail, I can't say for sure.