A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Engine Help

I think he means the extension loading problem. I hate it, it's quite random. I remember Cstyler had this problem too, warofire. Check these topics:

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5153

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4806

In short: Update MMF2 and try again. Or update the extension. You need a legit serial number to update though. If you bought MMF2, you shouldn't have any problems.

I think he's talking about that problem, where TGF/MMF2 pops up and says it cant find kcfloop.mfx.

EDIT: Dang... You guys beat me to it...

An alternative to that is making a fake extension and then porting the fastloop's to mmf2's built-in fastloops.

MMF2 S and Dev extensions are interchangeable from what I know... Well, since MMF2 comes with built-in fastloops, you could try getting the MMF 1.5 version, kcfastloop.cox, and place it in the mmf1 extension folder. Then, load the engine, and replace all the extension based fastloop events with built-in ones. (if you use the REAL 1.5 fastloop, you shouldn't have any crashes.)

Which version is it, exactly? build 248, 249 beta?

i tried that when i looked it in a different forum, it was an epic failure, my whole computer crashed, not trying that again

Well, that's obvious, like when editing the sound rate events from Worlds in old builds. Using a fake extension could allow you to click and press Delete in order to get rid of the events, though. Right-clicking would cause the crashes.

Latest stable build then, should work :\

Well, with fake extension or not, make MMF2 use the "kcfloop.cox" file. Go to the event list, then memorize the event you need to replace (or write it down), left-click over the event line, and press Delete.

Then, reconstruct the event with the inbuilt fastloops (Special Object.)

Repeat with the other events that used the Cellosoft fastloop.

EDIT: Yeah, I know the error you mean. The file IS there, but it's being bitchy and doesn't load. Also, use the edit button if necessary.

If nothing works, check the Clickteam forums.

I doubt it, but the events shouldn't be too many, and the built-in MMF2 fastloop is superior.

EDIT: And anyway, you'll still need to remove the old events in order to make it work. Or rebuild the whole engine.

MMF2 S and Dev extensions are interchangeable from what I know... Well, since MMF2 comes with built-in fastloops, you could try getting the MMF 1.5 version, kcfastloop.cox, and place it in the mmf1 extension folder. Then, load the engine, and replace all the extension based fastloop events with built-in ones. (if you use the REAL 1.5 fastloop, you shouldn't have any crashes.)

Which version is it, exactly? build 248, 249 beta?

Well, that's obvious, like when editing the sound rate events from Worlds in old builds. Using a fake extension could allow you to click and press Delete in order to get rid of the events, though. Right-clicking would cause the crashes.

That is exacly what i said.