A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Can Anyone Figure Out the Glitch in my Intro to Game Design Final? Urgent, plz.

Aaron C-T

Plasma Hunter

^ There's the file. The problem lies in the third frame, titled "Shoot-Em-Up." You play as one of 3 ships and fight a bunch of ships in repetitive fashion. When you kill a set number of one enemy type the "Enemy Type" counter increases to the next level. However, for some reason when you kill the first Enemy Type, rather than just going to the next level, as the events states, the boss, which is Enemy Type 3 is unleashed on the player. I've checked the events over and over and can't seem to find anything. Most of what's in there is documented and so I'm hoping someone can fix the problem for me somehow. This is due Thursday at 11 and so far everything's gone smoothly until now. I'm really stressed out and greatly appreciate any help, even someone just pointing out the problem and telling me what needs to be done.

Huh...I just opened it, but maybe this observation will help.

The 'Wave' counter seems to be stuck in an infinite +1 loop.

EDIT: GOT IT! You add one to the wave every time you destory a ship, right?

-------------

If(30 counter) = 0, add 1 to Wave

-------------

However, when you kill the last Enemy 1 type, you leave it's HP at 0...so that event keeps adding 1 to the Wave counter infinitely. Go to Event 17 in the [Three Piece] group, and add something that sets the (30 counter) to 30.

• Like 1